VOIP vs Wireless Home Phone
capemike

Since first getting our Verizon device, I have had very weak signals while at home. I've had to stand by doors & windows to hear clearly. Have had many dropped calls when I answer when not in a convenient location for a strong signal. I'm not very happy with the reception, actually disappointed. That along with miscommunication, we were to be getting the phones at no cost due to a promo, and then only to find later that there was no such thing. My original reason for going with Verizon was to lower our monthly cost, but it actually went up due to the miscommunication. Right now my concern is for the lack of reception issue. So....

I think I may have three options, but I don't know much about this stuff, thus am looking for some help.

1). I have a wireless router which I use for my data, and am wondering if I can use this router along with my Galaxy S7 to talk via VOIP?

2). Do I just need a signal booster for our two phones?

3). Or is the Wireless Home Phone system for me?

Keep in mind I am disabled and on a fixed, limited income and can't afford too much, but the ability to use a simple phone for medical emergencies would be a benefit.

I am open to all suggestions, and please remember I have limited knowledge on this topic.

My ultimate dream is to be able to use my current cell phone anywhere in the house without dropped calls, while the ability to use a conventional handset next to the bed has it's advantages for emergencies.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VOIP vs Wireless Home Phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your phones are capable of wifi calling you can use that. Otherwise you might want to consider purchasing a network extender.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
capemike

My phone is Wi-Fi enabled, but I have no idea how to set it up, other than going into settings and clicking on enable Wi-Fi.

Is there something I do with the router, or phone?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Here is a link to a page describing setting up WIFI calling on the Galaxy 7 (You have to have HD Voice added (no charge) to the line on your Verizon Account): Turn Wi-Fi Calling On / Off - Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge | Verizon Wireless

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes