VZ Navigator 5.1.0 = Worthless Garbage
GTR

Dear creators of VZ Navigator 5.1.0

You've successfully ruined a perfectly functioning software and turned it into a buggy, useless piece of **bleep**.

Seriously, why was the downgrade option available only till the end of July? How hard was it to host a 2mb file on this website for a few more months?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZ Navigator 5.1.0 = Worthless Garbage
GTR

Sorry if that came out harsh...I rely on the VZ Navigator and I've been frustrated with the version eversince I got back my subscription to the VZ Navigator again.

Please help me out.

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

Get a phone that can run a real navigation program and use that?  A smartphone with Bing or Google turn-by-turn would almost certainly serve you better.  Or just buy an actual GPS unit.  Verizon's program is a rip-off, you've figured that out, take your money elsewhere.

0 Likes
GTR

I never said it's a rip off. With any GPS unit you'll have to pay for map updates, up to date traffic, events and weather information. And I doubt if any GPS unit has a physical keyboard or can find gas stations and sort them by price. Besides, who wants another chunky device in their pocket all the time?

I have two GPS units a Garmin and a TomTom and neither work as good as the 4.x VZ Navigator did for me. And why would I buy a smartphone and pay an extra $30 a month for a data plan just for a navigation?

I'd gladly pay for the VZ Navigator, I just don't like the 5.1. I just wonder if they had any beta testing before releasing this garbage...

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

Sure they tested it, they determined that most people would keep paying no matter how badly they ruined the program.

0 Likes
GTR

lmfao. Yeah seems like it.

0 Likes
dhachler

I couldn't agree more.  I thought I was the only one having problems with this application.  It is HORRIBLE!  I have used the previous versions of VZ Navigator with great success and just loved having 'my GPS' always with me.  But this version, well to put it nicely, I guess I have to purchase a Garmin because I am sick and tired Version 5. 

I have reported the problems with Customer Service and all I get is "..well it has some very nice extra features..." 

Well, if it function properly for basic directions, what on earth am I going to do with 'extra features'.

Developers please note... If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it!

0 Likes