VZ Navigator not finding my exact location
lynncl

I just got a new LG Dare with my insurance and had no problems with it on my old Dare (even after i upgraded the software) but on this new LG Dare, the GPS "locates" me but doesn't ever find me on the correct road!  Then the GPS signal is lost after only a few seconds.  I am in East Lansing, Michigan, not in a heavily wooded area or small town.

Also, i have changed the volume of the Navigation voice but it still seems to YELL the street name that i am going to turn onto.  Seems weird?

Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZ Navigator not finding my exact location
Morindj
Enthusiast - Level 3

While I cannot explain why your phone GPS cannot find you, what caught my attention, was that your VZNavigator was yelling at you when it got to street names.  I have been complaining to Verizon Tech Support and my local store about that same problem to no avail.   Why does the volume seem fine for all of the navigator prompts, but when it gets to the street name, it YELLS it at you?   And it is usually distorted.  I have used VZNavigator for over a year with no problems, but this YELLING street names issue started several weeks ago.  Odd.

I think I will start a new thread about just this topic.  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Jim_Senn

I am experiencing the exact same problem with an LG Dare.  It worked fine for months, then over the Labor Day weekend started the street name "yelling".

I have seen other comments in "the boards" regarding this issue.

I have contacted Verizon several times and had two "tickets" opened and then closed with no results.  They want to replace the handset now, but from what I am seeing here, that won't resolve the issue either.

It appears that the db level of the street names has been increased at the server download level and is now too high.

I have given up trying to get it resolved and have stopped using the service due to the aggravation level.

Good luck in your quest.  It does not appear that Verizon is interested in going to the 3rd party app supplier and working this out.

0 Likes
isoman2kx
Just wanted to register and post my feedback since I resolved this issue barely 2 days ago. In short, if you have insurance like you said, just keep swapping out phones until you get a good one. My issue was somewhat similar in that my GPS wouldn't locate me in real time anymore after a while. It would map my initial location out (albeit, somewhat inaccurately) and then wouldn't track me the rest of the trip. This was after about 4-5 months of rock-solid GPS navigation with VZ Navigator and so I was wondering what could be up. It turns out after reaching a competent technical support rep (and you do have to get a competent one, because the first one I contacted was an **bleep** and I was ready to give up then and there), we went through the whole troubleshooting of *228 and then option 1, and then *228 and then option 2 (to update roaming capabilities, blah blah blah). Neither one worked and she suggested that I swap it out for a new one at a Verizon direct store (fancy way of saying they sell nothing but exclusive Verizon products I think). I did and it's been working like a charm ever since. Granted, this has occured only during the past 2 days but so far so good. Have you dropped your phone fairly often by chance? This is the only thing I could determine from my case after analyzing everything. The phone worked great when I dropped it on average 2-3 times a week for months, lol. Apparently, the same thing cannot be said for the embedded GPS receiver. Sorry for the long reply and granted, you've likely moved on one way or the other by now but I hope this helps someone! -Travis
0 Likes