VZ Navigator
lsander153

This is a powerful application, but with little or no documentation. I guess "it's the network." Pity. Right now I need to know how to use the voice commands. Who can help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VZ Navigator
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Verizon has a pdf file with documentation about the VZ Navigator application.  It can be found here.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Verizon has a pdf file with documentation about the VZ Navigator application.  It can be found here.

Doc

0 Likes
lsander153

Thanks! I had found this on my own by Googling. It's an OK manual, but not all that great, and hard to find from the web site. More like a "getting started" book, IMHO. It's not for my phone, but with some work and some insight, I'm able to figure it out.

It's a pretty lame manual for a $10/month application that has so many features.

All those people you see in those "It's The Network" commercials? You have to talk with ALL of them to figure out how to use your phone! 

0 Likes
Rizdawizkid

The Automated Speech Recognition(ASR) in VZ Navigator is really easy to use. On the main menu of VZ Nav you hold the send key down to do a local search of businesses. In the address or maps section you hold it down and for each field. I think they just added Airports too .. Its a really helpful feature especially when you driving. It would be so cool if you could just say home or work from the main menu!! or a free form ASR ... In my dreams!

0 Likes
listeningwoman

I cannot find this in the documentation: When I enter an address into VZ Navigator, I'd like to give it a name, too, such as "Mary's house, 214 Beech St., Miami, FL."  But it doesn't seem to know how to work with all that information, it wants her address, but not her name. So the next time I want to navigate to Mary's house, I have to remember her address and scroll through my "recents" and hope to recognize it. How do I attach the name of the place to an address I'm saving in VZ Navigator?

Which brings up another question, is it possible to delete an address from my "recents"? How?

Thanks, I really could use the help.

0 Likes