VZNavigator new version - OUCH!
PowerUser

The new versions are now Version 5 and above (5.1, for example).

The features I used the most often...  adding items to the Favorites Menu, for example...    are now much more buried in submenus, and tough to find, or to access.  They cluttered up the startpup screen with useless crap -- much of which has nothing to do with Navigation -- and did away with the most used functions.   So, now I see stuff luike the current temperature and weather reports, and what concerts and live theatre events are taking place in my area today, and similar nonsense...  But, can I access a "Favorite" from here?  Nope.  Can I access my "Home" from here?  Nope.  To actually try to use my navigator, I must now go searching through submenus and submenus of submenus...

VZNavigator and Verizon are both now boasting how important this "improvement" is so that we can all update our location to Facebook?  What utter nonsense.  I paid for this service so I could have a Navigator.  Not a current fad / social networking toy.

Re-think this, guys...

And, Verizon customers...   consider buying a real, dedicated navigator.  Dump the service here.  It is now a gimmicky silly kids' toy.

-Disgusted.

-B 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZNavigator new version - OUCH!
PhilM

Version is so BAD that even though it comes as part of my deal I think I am going to remove it from the phone. Thats a shame....and this summer I am starting to look at other phone services GPS's......I will NOT buy a seperate "toy". This may cause Verizon to LOSE two phone contracts...ARE YOU LISTENING VERIZON???????

0 Likes