VZW Question
Vaio165
Contributor - Level 1

‎I went to a vzw store because I had a issue with my phone. They looked at it and said that the phone is defective but I was under the manufacturer warranty. I was told I would get a new phone in two days. I got my phone but the phone was not new or from the manufacturer but from  vzw and it is vzw certified like new. My question is this normal to get a vzw like new phone even if the phone is under manufacturer warranty? Next question is the phone works and everything but it is not like new. One of the keys on the keyboard is lose and not tight like every other key is and my brand new phone had no issues with the keyboard. So can I say my like new phone I got was defective on date received?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZW Question
Snn5
Legend

ALL phones sent in for warranty are exchanged with refurbished units.  Your current phone should also be eligible for warranty exchange as it was damaged upon delivery.  Contact Verizon and ask for another replacement, but understand that new phones are not an option.  The only way to get your phone repaired is to send it to the manufacturer for repair.  You will most likely incur shipping charges of some kind and you will still have a refurbished phone when you receive it after repair.

Vaio165
Contributor - Level 1

Okay thank you for the information. Can you tell me what you think about my phone I got. Blackberry Q10 all the keys are tight and do not move at all when I just slide my finger over the keys. The space bar is lose and when I slide my finger over it the key moves up and down and when pushed you can tell it is not like the other keys like spring issue. I am fine using it but I don't want it to fall off and say now it's user damage.

0 Likes
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

if the phone does not feel like it is operating the same throughout.. and it is under warranty it is best to have it taken care of instead of waiting for something to malfunction....

Snn5
Legend

I remember my BB Curve, it had tight keys, but the space bar was just as tight as the rest of the keys.  This is something you'd remember compared to your original Q10.  If this is different, get a replacement soon before you wait much longer.

rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

I also use currently the Blackberry Curve and to me the keys are all equal but when I used the Pearl the left side keys were not as stable as the right side towards the end of the contract... .. if they have been like that from the beginning I would not worry but since it is not an equal situation... I would  weight the odds ..Get it replaced especially if you have the protection coverage..

0 Likes