VZW Voicemail - Ability to listen to voicemail online
I275fla

I am wondering if Verizon Wireless will introduce the ability to listen to your voicemail by way of your computer.  I know of some services that are already doing it; having this feature would give Verizon Wireless customers the option of listening to their voicemail either by way of cell phone (*86) or by way of computer through logging in to the account.  Moreover, having the ability to listen to voicemail via the computer allows one to archive voicemail messages locally; when I had Verizon landline service with voicemail (until recently) I can log in to my account and listen to and archive my voicemails when needed.

Having the ability to listen to your Verizon Wireless voicemail on your computer in addition to retrieving your voicemail on the cell phone would be a great asset.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZW Voicemail - Ability to listen to voicemail online
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
That's an excellent idea!! Unfortunately I haven't heard/seen anything about such a feature even being discussed or rumored. :smileysad:
0 Likes
mdram

there is a solution!

use google voice, its free

nd does all this

• Read what your voicemail says
  • Check online or from your phone
  • Receive voicemails via email or SMS
  • Vary greetings by caller
  • Forward or download voicemails

0 Likes
rogue5099

I just spent 20 mins on the phone with verizon to ask them if I could download/save my voicemails from somewhere and there response was:

Call: 1-800-770-8047 (Archive Files)

1-3 messages on CD for $18.99

1 message as .mp3 $5.00

Paying for something that I am already hear for free??? They say it is because the out source this service to a 3rd Party company.

My solution that worked ok:

Plug in a Microphone to a jack (on my hp laptop it is on the front)

Click Start --> All Programs --> Accessories

On Vista click  Sound Recorder

On XP click Entertainment --> Sound Recorder

Put phone speaker near microphone

Click Start Recording

Play voicemail

Click Stop Recording

Save the file on your computer to something that you will remember.  It should save the file in your Documents folder.

0 Likes
Seda13
Enthusiast - Level 3
I don't know if anyone would be interested but visual voice mail sometimes comes in handy to be able to save voicemails. I have voicemails that I have saved for 2 yrs and when I got visual voice mail I could save the message to my micro sd card under my sounds. So in case I ever delete them or the system does I still have them and can listen to them.
0 Likes