VZW can't text to AT&T phones Sept 2, 2020
mhoskin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have spoken to multiple VZW tech support (level 2) folks.  They acknowledge the issue but no fixes.  Apple tech support also acknowledges, meeting on it today apparently; no fixes.  Can't go to AT&T because I'm a VZW customer.  Cannot do work without text. 

0 Likes
Re: VZW can't text to AT&T phones Sept 2, 2020
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mhoskin, it's important to us that all of your services are working properly. Since there are no known issues of that being an occurrence nationwide, can you provide us with some additional details. Which model iPhone do you have? Did that issue occur after some type of phone update or something else that changed with your phone and/or services? Was a ticket filed for your line so that the issue can be investigated along with getting AT&T involved?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
Dascalargo

I'm having the same problem. Seems to have been thing on for a week, maybe a bit more. I can't SMS a particular AT&T customer. I don't know if it's all AT&T or just her. The odd thing is, I can MMS her. I can send a photo or sticker, and she gets those, but isn't getting regular text messages.

I'm able to text others. She's receiving texts from others. We've deleted and re-added each other as contacts with no change. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. She's on an iPhone, though I don't know which.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us today. We want to make sure that you can stay in trouble with all of your contacts. Do you get any error messages when you try to text them? What messaging application are you using? 

0 Likes
Dascalargo

No, no error messages. The only way I knew it wasn't working was when she told me she hasn't gotten any messages from me in a week.

I use Message+. I just tried on Samsung's Messages program. Looks like I'm still having the same issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dascalargo

We don't want this to be an ongoing issue. Did you recently switch devices on your mobile number? Did anything different happen on your phone? For example, did you update the software or download a new application to it? 

0 Likes
Dascalargo

Nope. Same phone and no changes that I know of.

0 Likes
Dascalargo

So I just Googled this and apparently it's a rather common issue, and in many cases it specifically refers to a Verizon customer and an AT&T customer. I've even found a couple that state that the customer CAN send MMS, but cannot send SMS, which is the issue I'm having. In many cases, it seems to happen with people who recently ported their number, which is not the case with us. In our case, we have been with our respective carriers (me on Verizon and her on AT&T) for many years.

Unfortunately, what I'm not seeing is how these people got their problems fixed, because when issues are resolved nobody ever comes back to the thread to say, "Hey, I'm not having this problem anymore and here's what was done to fix it."

I do see a number of references to this being a problem that needs a level 3 tech, whatever that means, so while I do appreciate the attempts to help here, we're checking off boxes for some very basic things and I'm relatively sure that this is not a simple issue. If this can be escalated, please do so.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all the time you've taken to research this issue, Dascalargo. Did this start in the beginning of September for you as well? 

I'm sending you a Private Message, to try and better assist you. 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all the time you've taken to research this issue, Dascalargo. I would personally, be just as lost without my messages going through successfully.

Did this start in the beginning of September for you as well? Has the other person reached out to their carrier about this? Do you know if any troubleshooting was done on their end? 

Please try to have that person send you an SMS at your 10-digit mobile number @VTEXT.com Let's see if you can receive it, and reply to it. 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes