VZW is taking advantage of my elderly Father-in-Law
ewhitney
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do I have any recourse to help my Father-in-Law return a tablet that he was no doubt talked into by a commission-hungry salesman?  My FiL is an incredibly friendly, sweet man who wants desperately to seem cool and hip with technology and was no doubt fast-talked into adding the "free" tablet to his account for however much that is a month.  He doesn't need it, he doesn't want it, and if pressed, can't even tell you the details about it.

The darn thing is too small for him, won't actually communicate well with any of the other family devices (not it's fault - the fault of the other items in the house being too old) and with the case they no doubt charge him $70 for (or something equally terrible) weighs more than my work laptop which is a full Lenovo ThinkPad with a 15" screen.  That is in no way portable.

Based on his prior account usage, any customer service representative with even half a brain would know that selling this to him was just straight taking advantage of someone who doesn't know what questions to ask and doesn't want to appear like he can't understand or isn't cool.  This is reprehensible.

He purchased it on 9/4 and I know that we're now past the 14 day return window, so I'm hoping someone here will be willing to work with me.

He is on a fixed income and is in need of every penny and paying for this device that he will likely never use, doesn't understand at all, and won't serve the purpose he needs it to anyway, is just insane.  Unfortunately, I recently moved 6 hours away from him and so wasn't around to go shopping with him to help him and only just discovered this device and divined his embarrassment about the whole proceeding.

Please, VZW, if there is a customer service representative with a heart left somewhere in your company, help me out.

Labels (1)
Re: VZW is taking advantage of my elderly Father-in-Law
pzjagd1
Contributor - Level 3

Please, VZW, if there is a customer service representative with a heart left somewhere in your company, help me out.

Unfortunately, she was let go two weeks ago for being to sympathetic to customers. All CS reps are now robots.

0 Likes