VZW rep says I lose unlimited data if I change monthly minutes???
DoistayVZW

I maintain two VZW lines, one for each of my children. Line 1 is off-contract - it expired 12/2913 - with unlimited data grandfathered in, and 450 minutes per month. Line 2 is on-contract, never qualified for unlimited data, with unlimited talk and text. Line 2 added a new iphone 11/2013 and is on two-year contract. These lines are not on a family plan.

Yesterday 8/19/14 I called Customer Service as I wanted to change Line 1 from 450 minutes/month to Unlimited Talk. I wanted to make sure that wouldn't nullify the unlimited data currently in place. I am NOT proposing to upgrade the phone, just adding minutes. To my dismay, the Rep informed me that just changing from 450 minutes to unlimited minutes would CAUSE ME TO LOSE MY GRANDFATHERED UNLIMITED DATA PLAN!

I thought the only way that would happen is if I upgraded with a subsided new phone?? PLEASE HELP IF THERES A VZW REP READING THIS! Was the telephone rep I talked to wrong or right?

If VZW cancels the grandfathered plan just because I change the minutes plan, I might as well cancel the VZW plan altogether for Line 1 and move to another carrier. Don't want to do that but I'm fed up with these kinds of shenanigans. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VZW rep says I lose unlimited data if I change monthly minutes???
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can change your minutes on the grandfathered Nationwide plan you are on - to 900, or higher, but NOT unlimited minutes.  There is a limit (might be 2000 or something like that?)  In order to move to unlimited minutes, you need to change your plan to the new More Everything, which has the data limits.

So yes, you can add minutes and keep the unlimited data - you just can't move to unlimited minutes and keep the unlimited data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: VZW rep says I lose unlimited data if I change monthly minutes???
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can change your minutes on the grandfathered Nationwide plan you are on - to 900, or higher, but NOT unlimited minutes.  There is a limit (might be 2000 or something like that?)  In order to move to unlimited minutes, you need to change your plan to the new More Everything, which has the data limits.

So yes, you can add minutes and keep the unlimited data - you just can't move to unlimited minutes and keep the unlimited data.

0 Likes