Re: Verizon $200 IPhone - False Advertising and soon to be lost customer
359mxmom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I still am not getting awnsers as to why I was able to do for 1 but not the other line. andymcphee did you get anywhere? Is anyone getting this promotion or is it just another ploy?

0 Likes
gmh1970
Enthusiast - Level 2

No answers here either…even thought I was "escalated" to a supervisor two days ago.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Were you at an AT&T corporate store?  Do not use a kiosk at the mall, or any other store that sells for multiple carriers, those are not AT&T stores.

Did you bring the email?   Your email should state clearly if it is for new lines or for which line it can be used.

0 Likes
Budoeagle

Received the same $200 off iPhone 6 offer on 4/15/2015. Tried to use it to upgrade my existing phone. Store employee told me he had never seen the email before. Came home and called Verizon support using the phone number from the email. Spent 30 minutes discussing the email offer with customer support and was told she could not locate the offer through the promo code or that Verizon had even sent me the email. She said it must be fraud but I could not email it to her since they did not have email address to use. After a few wrong connects I was transferred to fraud where I was told it definitely must be fraudulent even though the I receive monthly emails from that same email address related to my smart rewards account (@email.vzwshop.com). He did not want to receive the email for their records as it would expose them to malware. Was told to delete it. Does anyone know whether the email is legit or not? I want to upgrade but don't want to miss out on the savings I believe I am owed.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The offer is legit.  If you read earlier posts you can find out how to use the code online or at a corporate Verizon store.  You can't use it at an authorized retailer.

0 Likes
Frustratedwithcustse1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so upset with Verion as I also received this email. I called twice to customer service to confirm this was valid and could be used to upgrade my two lines. I took my 15 daughter to the store on Friday only to be told many had come in with the same coupon and it would not work. This is only valid if you open a new line of service. I read all the fine print and it does not say this. The store told me the issue has been escalated to headquarters and that I would have to call customer support. After 5 different reps and multiple transfers a rep named Gwen from sales after originally stating it wouldn't work told me that she would do what it takes to make it work. She also said one way or another we will make this work. At this point my daughter and I fully believed we were getting new phones. We were on the phone for 40 minutes. She asked for my shipping address and all. She put me on hold again saying she would make this work. After several minutes she came back and said she was very sorry but she couldn't get the coupon to work or discount the phones. She said two supervisors also tried. This is not acceptable. I have her email. I sent an email and asked for this to b escalated and for someone to call me back. This has not happened. How can she make those assurances and now Verizon won't honor?? This seems to be fradulent. This is clear that they don't seem to care about their customers at all. This offer is a bait and switch email. All current Verizon customers beware!!

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

I can't understand why so many people are having issues using this offer.  I have no intention of using it as I already have an iPhone...but for the sake of trying it to verify validity...I had absolutely no problem getting it to work. It works just as I'd expect it to...discounts the phone and brings the total to $0.  I've done it using the EDGE option as well as the 2 year agreement...with 1 line and multiple lines as the email states that it can be applied twice.  Sucks others are having issues with this but it's worked every time for me.  Best of luck to all who are having issues...

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Noone is having issues. People go on various websites all the time to create a scene. I was able to use the coupon as well.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

frustratedwithcustservice

Have you tried to use the coupon code online?

The offer is legitimate.   (It doesn't meet the definition of bait and switch).  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Budoeagle,

I understand how you feel. And I want to help get this resolved. Do you currently have a line that is eligible for an upgrade? Are you looking to upgrade to an iPhone? I do show we have an offer of $200 off if you're adding a new line.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes