Verizon App Manager
OLUOYE39
Enthusiast - Level 1

20 minutes ago, I got a notification from Verizon App Manager that an app, Coinbase had successfully been installed. This was done through the Verizon App Manager and not through the Google Play Store and it was done without my permission. I've since disabled the Verizon App Manager and uninstalled Coinbase. Please advise as to why a Verizon application is downloading and installing apps without my permission.

Tags (1)
Re: Verizon App Manager
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please follow and DM for a detailed review of the applications and assurance that your account is secure. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon App Manager - Apps downloading without permission
tfach
Enthusiast - Level 1

What does that reply mean?

Gargemil
Enthusiast - Level 1

Follow and DM who and on what platform?

Dsalzman
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can I stop it

Konarain

Twitter, I would guess, unless there is aDM on here.Aloha

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Konarain wrote:

Twitter, I would guess, unless there is aDM on here.Aloha

There is in fact a DM system on the Verizon Wireless Community forum. It is called a Private Message here and can be accessed by clicking on the envelope symbol next to your profile image at the top of the forum website. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

FingVerizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem with Cash App, started automatically and had to turn off data and phone, too late.. Verizon App Manager on my S8+ I don't like it or want it, ever.

TRocket484
Enthusiast - Level 2

The response from the Verizon Customer Service rep is a vague reply without clear instructions AND does not answer the question. This reply is posted on a forum where many people have the same issue. Why is there no clear response? Where do we DM? Why can we not get the response on the forum so that others with the same issue can deal with it?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TRocket484 You are posting on a forum that is usually monitored by your peers. We are happy to assist with any issues you are having with your apps. We have sent you a private message here on this platform.-Dolores