Re: Verizon App Manager - Apps downloading without permission
TRocket484
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no reply function in my private messages.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@TRocket484 wrote:

There is no reply function in my private messages.

You need to click on/touch on the subject line of the private message to open it. Once it is opened, then you will have a reply button. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jojebo
Enthusiast - Level 1

"how can i stop it".... 

Samsung S20+ - Settings->Apps

On the menu next to "your apps" separator before app list, toggle "show system apps" to ON... , hit OK

Scroll down to Verizon App Manager... 

Disable (at the bottom) ... 

Kevin_Legg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thats a non answer.  Im to a point where a root canal is more fun than interacting with Verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know its important to make sure our App Manager isn't downloading apps withour your permission Kevin_Legg. By meeting us in Private Message, we can take a look at your phone in details to find out why this happeend and how to prevent it in the future. Access to your account is needed for this process through secure channel.

We look forward to hearing from you in Private Message. 

-Kinquana

0 Likes
CANative
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Droid and the usual instructions for finding and disabling the app didn't work. I had to expand the Verizon App Manager as an app was downloading to get access to it and then was able to disable it.  Verizon should be ashamed for installing apps without permission.  

dtctechie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just had this happen recently. The Verzion App Manager has installed two apps on my phone without my permission. This app is now disabled. Shame on you Verizon.

CSmith_13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey Delores, wouldn't it be more helpful to send messages to everyone on this thread who is having the same issues? It's extremely rude to find help for one person but not for everyone. 

speedpilotf16
Enthusiast - Level 3

It already installed two apps on my phone and was trying to install a third one when I caught it. No app should be installing other random apps on your phone without your permission. Verizon you need to fix this issue. 

I'm pretty computer savvy and I can't even figure out what the Verizon app managers actual job is on my phone. Especially with the fact that my phone is an Android phone and designed to maintenance apps on its own.

And no I do not want to one-on-one conversation with you in order to fix this issue. I want you to post it so everybody can see it in this form.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, speedpilotf16. You can stop apps from being installed again by going to Settings > Apps > Verizon App Manager > Disable. Try this method, and let us know if this helped fix the issue. 

*Cassie