Re: Verizon App Manager - Apps downloading without permission
TRocket484
Enthusiast - Level 2
I'm unable to follow the steps. Once I tap on Settings > Apps, there is no "verizon apps manager" option. Can you double-check the steps for me? I'm on a Google Pixel 5a
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to customize your phone to your liking, TRocket484. You can find the steps to disable apps on your Google Pixel 5a here, http://spr.ly/6609K7o8X. Please let us know if you have any trouble with this. -Danielle

0 Likes
featheredWold
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I disabled the app twice now and have now denied all it's permissions I have been a Verizon customer for over a decade but of this keeps up I will be forced to find another carrier. This is ridiculous I have worked in IT for over 20 years,how many people without the knowledge are going to end up with programs and problems because of this. I mean why does a program have the ability to remove a disable for itself!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, featheredWold. We want to make sure you receive the support you need for this issue. We are sending you a Private Note to assist you further. 

*Cassie

0 Likes
Elixaphone
Enthusiast - Level 2

DM stands for Direct Message.

Basically they are saying they don't want to answer you in public. You need to have an individual conversation with them.

I literally just joined so forgive any duplicated information.

I found a CNET article online about an app called DT ignite that Verizon put on some phones. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/dt-ignite-samsung-galaxy-s7-bloatware/

Not relevant for me which is why I am here.

Elixaphone
Enthusiast - Level 2
Elixaphone
Enthusiast - Level 2

So it's called bloatwear...

This is one of those things that is in the service agreement that is 2000 pages long written in micro print that no one reads and even if you do read it you have to accept it if you want to use their device.

Apparently Verizon has figured out how to add an app manager on our phones that reinstall bloatwear products whenever you okay an Android Security update

https://www.gadgetsay.com/list-of-verizon-bloatware-apps-you-can-remove-without-root/

"Bloatware is a commercial software application that comes preinstalled on your new Android/iOS smartphone. These apps, whether you like or not, stay on your phone forever as you don’t have the way to uninstall or remove them"

Elixaphone
Enthusiast - Level 2

do an online search for "Verizon Bloatware" 

You will find articles like this:

https://www.gadgetsay.com/list-of-verizon-bloatware-apps-you-can-remove-without-root/

Re: Verizon App Manager
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Elixaphone ,

It's great to know that you're checking out information on your own to help others! As for why we would ask someone to send us a Private Note, it would be because we would need to access and discuss account details, which we are not going to do in a public space where others can see and save it. That would go against all of our security protections, just like if you were to visit a bank and openly discuss your account balance and transaction history - it is best handled in a 1-to-1 private setting. As for the My Verizon app adding other applications, this is part of the accepted terms and conditions where Verizon-specific apps can be downloaded, such as Digital Secure, Smart Family, and even Tech Coach, based on what you have on your account. These same apps can easily be deleted from the phone as well if they do not apply to you. Some Android software updates would also include additional applications that you can remove afterwards.

-Russell