Verizon Approved Cel Signal Boosters and Amplifiers. What are their Approved Choices?
mronkar

I live in a rural Nebraska area that is included in the Verizon 3G Data coverage maps.  I am experiencing weak signal only in my house vicinity.  Sometimes it works fine but others it will drop data connections, or I won't receive calls, and Even not Text messages.  Until I (for example) stand up, or move to another room.  Then suddenly I get a text sent some time earlier or notification that I missed a call.

I have been looking at cel signal amplifiers/boosters.  I am a technically proficient person.  I have an AAS Degree in electronics, and have 30 years of work experience in Industrial automation maintenance, Computer and Network service and support, Control and Instrumentation.  I have experience from having installed for an employer, a Wilson Cel Signal Amplifer.  This worked extremely well.  It was a Municipal Water Treatment plant, with masonry walls almost a foot thick.  The lower Filter pipe gallery was also approx. 25 ft below grade.  There was no signal strength inside the building.  After installing a YAGI direction antennae connected to a 60 db amplifier, which then fed several branch omni directional inside antennas, we had 5 bars everywhere in the building (30,000 sq ft) as well as the lower level, 25 ft below grade at about 3-4 bars.  The system was professional grade, and carried an appropriate price tag.  It included support from Wilson with installation.  The Cable that connected all the internal omni ant's was about an 1 1/4 inch in diameter.  Still 50 ohm.

So I would like to achieve the same results at home.  But scale down the system to fit my budget and needs.  I believe that a customer wanting to install one of these devices must "register" it with their carrier.  I am interested in a Wilson DT Home system or  a zBoost ZB545.  Both of these are Dual Band  800/1900 Mhz units, that are listed as compatible with Verizon.

Here is my problem that I could use some help with.  Getting touch with a Verizon Support person has become very difficult.  Then to get a hold of a Verizon Support person that knows the answer to my questions is, well I haven't been able to.  So I was wondering the following.

Does anyone know what signal boosters are on the  Verizon approved list? This would be for 3G Verizon prepaid wireless service in the Central Nebraska region.

Does anyone know the Uplink and Downlink frequency bands for the 800/1900 Mhz service in my area?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Approved Cel Signal Boosters and Amplifiers. What are their Approved Choices?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless offers a network extender, but you need a landline internet connection to attach the extender to.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Approved Cel Signal Boosters and Amplifiers. What are their Approved Choices?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which zip code is the weak signal in?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes