Verizon Cloud VERY slow uploads
JF321
Enthusiast - Level 2

Started using Verizon Cloud yesterday and found it to be VERY slow.  It say it will take more than 2 days to back up my 14 GB of music.  I've got it uploading using my Verizon DSL and it takes up most of my bandwidth in performing the upload.  Using home computers to view the web or downloading emails becomes EXTREMELY slow.

In addition, the backup of my contacts seems to be a complete failure.  It says it backed up only six of my contacts and then when I check to see which contacts it backed up, there is only one showing.  It also changed that one contact.  It is a complete failure in my opinion.

Is anybody else seeing these issues? 

Verizon, are you aware of these problems?

For now I'm turning this useless service OFF!!!!

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon Cloud VERY slow uploads
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JF321, let's speed up this process. This may be a memory capacity issue on your device. Try uninstalling any unwanted applications, delete unwanted text messages and e-mails, and delete pictures/videos that you no longer want. You will then need to power your device off/on to soft reset and try to back your device up at the cloud again. Keep us posted. Meanwhile, for more information regarding the Cloud feature, click: http://vz.to/IsygQ6

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon's cloud service is terrible. Use Box, or Google drive and there are others that work much better and more storage in some cases for free.

Good Luck

JF321
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 32 GB of storage space with almost 6 GB free.  I've deleted everything that I deemed unnecessary as you suggested and restarted the backup process.  It still said it would take DAYS to backup my phone!!!  I tried to reply to your suggestions while the backup was running and it took MINUTES to upload these pages on my laptop.  I had to stop the backup process to be able to respond.

Just face it, Verizon Cloud is pretty much useless since it take so long to perform a reasonable backup.  As others suggested there are other cloud services that are MUCH better.

BTW ... you never addressed Verizon Cloud changing my contacts and not completely backing them up.  I'm not the first to see this behavior.  Others have commented on this bug.

As of now, I'm really sorry I changed plans to get more space on the worthless Verizon Cloud!!!

Vas62

Terrible. Just wasting of time. Trying to upload from my desktop and it takes eternity. Just going to delete their app and turning off that feature.

Total crap.

0 Likes
Vas62

But I must admit streaming from cloud to my tablet flawless.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get the most out of the Verizon Cloud service at all times, Vas62! To confirm, the slowness is happening when using the desktop does it do the same with a direct upload using device? How large are the files that you have tested?

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Vas62

I tried desktop app and tried from "Manage media " browser based opening My

Verizon. Today trying to upload fef PDF files allways getting either

"Network error" message on browser based upload or Backup failed on desktop

software. Files not large. I even tried to upload single file (few megs) and

it failed. Maybe because its Sunday and some maintenance is going on. Will

try tomorrow.

Regarding speed, yes it's very slow with desktop app ,no matter what. Little

bit faster with browser. Comparing to other cloud services ( I have

dropbox,google,amazon,iClouds) so far the speed is way below so you guys

have to check it.

I didnt have much to upload from device (iPad). Only 70 photos so I didn't

benchmarked speed, but it was fairly good I guess. I mainly want to upload

from desktop and be able access it on device on the road.

0 Likes
Vas62

Ok. Today uploaded few gigs of photos using desktop software. I would consider speed of uploading as good.

Maybe even as a very good so for me topic is closed.

Best regards to everyone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the speeds you encountered while trying to upload Vas62. We definitely wants this to function at top speed, like it should; we appreciate the feedback. Please clear cookies, cache and browsing history in addition to utilizing Internet explorer.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes