Verizon Data Plan and Winegard Connect 2.0
BigJohn51

I was following a similar thread on this subject but it was closed in mid-2020 so I thought I would begin a new thread.

After many hours on the phone with Verizon technical support I was finally able to get Connect 2 working with a Verizon SIM, but to my dismay discovered I could not use my unlimited data plan.  I had to add an extra data line - costing $50/mo for 5gb. 

Since I am a part time RV'er, I asked if I could turn off/deactivate the plan during those periods when the Connect 2 was not being used and only be charged a minimum base amount and not the full $50.  The Verizon reps though it was possible, but did not know how it could be accomplished, or what the base amount would be.  Winegard provides this type of flexibility using it's Freedom Go data plan with a "pay as you go" option.  Can someone from Verizon tell me if this is offered on the Verizon plan ??  

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Data Plan and Winegard Connect 2.0
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, BigJohn51. I am happy to help get this figured out. Please meet us in a Private Note and I can help you figure out your connect 2.0. 
JavierD_VZW

0 Likes
Txpony74

I too, went to Verizon store and got a new SIM card.  Followed the instructions from the Winegard manual, and stuck with can’t get it to work.  I don’t know if the SIM card is activated by the clerk who sold me the card at the Verizon store.  She said she activated it, but I don’t think she did.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to ensure you get the right information for your needs. I apologize as at this time we are unable to support the full activation of the device being sold through a 3rd party. Please send a Private Note here and we can review what was previously updated on the account. -Yale

0 Likes
Frannie1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Told today that Verizon does not offer any plan for my Wireguard 2.0+. 15  years a customer.

0 Likes