Verizon Device Trade in SCAM
Sam921
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

Made the biggest mistake of my life by switching to Verizon from T-Mobile. Every day I have to deal with multiple customer care agents to resolve my issues. (Port-In, Promotions, Rebates.. now trade-in).

On July 7th, I switched to Verizon and took iPhone 12 Pro by trading -in my old iPhone XR 64 GB Coral for $700. 

I got an email today stating that they have processed a $152 credit? Instead of $700 with this Reason: “We have received a different device than expected, Better Qualifying promotion found”.

It also says $548 will be added to the next bill.

The device is in perfect condition (always have a tempered glass protector and solid case). What does “different device than expected”  its the same DEVICE I sent (exact IMEI when I added a new line). 

After starting to read all these threads about trade-in SCAM’s, I’m scared now they will mess my other 4 devices trade-in as well without any doubt. Contacted customer care via chat and Twitter no help at all. 

I have also filed a complaint with BBB. 

VERIZON - YOU LOST MY TRUST.  

Re: Verizon Device Trade in SCAM
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to get the promotions you qualify for. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance. *Melissa

0 Likes
Sam921
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sent you a Private message. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hmmm.. we're not seeing a Private Note here. We're sending you a Private Note. Please reply back there if you see it.*Melissa

0 Likes
class3nh
Enthusiast - Level 3

as become typical fo rthe "promotions" that Verizon has ongoing. I've been going round and round for HOURS about my trade-ins and since Verizon has such VAGUE information about their "promotions" as in "Trade up, and recieve up to 579.99 and 679.99 for a UPGRADE to a new phone on an Existing Line" the garbage is, if you're willing to pay 45.00 EXTRA per line for a "Start Unlimited" line you'll fully qualify for their "Best Deal"  wich if you think about it... Verizon will ADD an EXTRA 90.00 to your already existing 2 lines ( like mine)  which ADDS 914.00 extra to your yearly bill... How QUAINT is that? yeah.. you're REALLY giving us a good deal? I should have read the fine print  (these Message Boards) before I ventured into trading up and receiving only 300.00 each for my 2 practically NEW phones....I've been online and on Verizon's CS lines for HOURS on end.... to NO Avail..... If others are feeling the same a Class Action suit OR File a Dispute form may do the trick to these tricksters! I've been with Verizon for almost 20 fudging YEARS and NEVER have seen such garbage tactics as I've seen in the past few years... IF CS Reps REALLY wanna fix my (and others' Trade-in issues ) then give us the money your company promised to pay out and not some cheapo excuse...STOP Passing to another person and so on down the line..

0 Likes
class3nh
Enthusiast - Level 3

My IPhone submission number is ** and samsung number is ** respectivly. I was offered 579.99 for the apple and 679.99 for the samsung. I have a 55+ loyalty UNLIMITED plan. (Notice I mentioned :\"unlimited" as I was assured I would get full monies credit for both phones. I'm NOW getting 300 each for the phones.. It seems the working is misleading and hundreds of other people are being lured by the same promise by Verizon. I'm NOT seeing any Link to click on and this is why I'm messaging.

I was / have been told that it would cost me another 90.00 a month up get full value for my 2 phones and why would I do that and obviously pay MORE in the long run .. Makes no sense to me. 

0 Likes
class3nh
Enthusiast - Level 3

My IPhone submission number is ** and samsung number is ** respectivly. I was offered 579.99 for the apple and 679.99 for the samsung. I have a 55+ loyalty UNLIMITED plan. (Notice I mentioned :\"unlimited" as I was assured I would get full monies credit for both phones. I'm NOW getting 300 each for the phones.. It seems the wording is misleading and hundreds of other people are being lured by the same promise by Verizon. I'm NOT seeing any Link to click on and this is why I'm messaging. 

I was / have been told that it would cost me another 90.00 a month up get full value for my 2 phones and why would I do that and obviously pay MORE in the long run .. Makes no sense to me.  Would that make sense to you? go UP 90 bucks (915.00 a year) to get the "full value" of trade-in phones?  (1828.00 over a 2 year contract) I think not. THIS is why I'm mentioning the WORDING by Verizon to make people think they're getting a "good Deal" when in fact, it's NOT a good deal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We alwayswant you getting the correct promotions.  Let's get to the bottom of this together.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.-Sean

0 Likes
cables12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Great to know I'm not the only customer Verizon messed up over this week. Was notified Friday afternoon via email that the phone I shipped "had never arrived" therefore I was losing my promotional credit even though I had the UPS delivery confirmation showing it had been in Verizon's hands nearly a month, after 25 minutes communicating with a representative over chat just to be told to ignore my emails because it was obviously a glitch. Now I've gotten an email saying instead of $700 I've gotten a $85 "because my phone is in great condition"! I'm sure now you'll message asking me to send you a private message. Maybe this time your customer service rep will spend more time resolving the issue than trying to sell me an additional device.

Aweis67
Enthusiast - Level 2

cables12:  out of curiosity, what date did your UPS delivery confirmation show?  I am currently in a similar predicament.  I had two trade-ins that UPS shows were delivered to Verizon on July 20th.  Verizon isn't reflecting receipt of either one of them and the representatives via chat are unable to view anything more than what I can see online.  

0 Likes