Verizon Edge Billing Mistake Somehow Customer's Fault
NoaFamilyGuy
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I joined the Edge program with four lines all in the same month and understood the terms pretty well.  I did not have any issues with the program itself, the taxes the terms, etc.  I am on the 10 GB plan and receive the $25 promotional discount per line due to Edge.  I also pay $24.99 per line for the equipment on Edge.  Ultimately, this would be a wash for me out-of-pocket with the understanding that I would pay the taxes on the first month's bill.

However, (as admitted by the agents I have tried calling into numerous times to get this fixed), there were some internal billing issues at Verizon and three of those lines had their Edge contract canceled (not by me) in month two.  Reviewing this later, I find that the contracts were canceled causing the $25 discount to not occur and the $24.99 equipment charge to not occur.  In other words, I was still paying the same amount, but it was not getting applied to the equipment on those three lines as it SHOULD HAVE BEEN.  Then, three months later Verizon (again, not by me) decides to reinstate those three lines on the Edge program, but starts the leases over from scratch.

So now, I am three months behind on the money owed for the equipment of those three lines when the money I was paying should have been going toward paying those phones.  My out-of-pocket might be the same, but I now owe $75 more for each phone on those three lines for a total of $225 in extra liability to Verizon.

I tried contacting them 5 times to get this corrected over the last two months.  The first few times they sympathized, realized the error, said there was nothing they could personally do, but they would talk with their supervisor to get it cleared up.  This kind of customer service made me feel like they CARED about correct THEIR mistake.  But the issue never got resolved and I kept calling to try to follow up.  Unfortunately, I would get a new agent each time who would sympathize, tell me the same thing and again it would never get corrected.  Finally, I just got off the phone with an agent who said she was sorry I received the run around, but the bottom line is there is nothing any of them could do and I was out of luck for the mistake that VERIZON made.

So apparently, don't auto-pay your bill because you need to check it with a fine tooth comb because if you catch a mistake VERIZON makes after the fact, then it is YOUR FAULT and they have no way to correct it for you.  I now have one phone that owes ~$475 and three phones that owe ~$550 even though I started all of the contracts at the same time and have been paying the same amount on all four lines for the past x months.

Cheers and thanks for all of the non-support Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Edge Billing Mistake Somehow Customer's Fault
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

I'm in same boat. I sent an email to my Verizon area president. I got a call within an hour. After an hour on the phone with them(not the President) I negoitiated a $225 credit now and a $50 credit in may 2015 if I choose to Edge Up at that time. May is when my 1 year of owning the phone(and the warranty) is up. Find the email address here: Leadership | Verizon Wireless

NoaFamilyGuy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion.  I followed your advice and sent an email to the Regional President.  I can't believe it has to go that far to correct something that was not my fault.  Seems like a major disconnect with customer service.  In any case, hopefully the RP will contact me and help rectify the issue.  Again, thanks for the suggestion.

0 Likes
NoaFamilyGuy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I took your advice and while the outcome was not as expedient as yours... it was at least finally fixed today.

0 Likes