Re: Verizon Edge - FCC Complaint
rcschnoor
Legend

Nothing misleading about this(on the same page in big letters):

Who is eligible for Verizon Edge?

To be eligible for Verizon Edge, existing customers must meet the following requirements:

• Six months of good payment history
  • Eligible for an upgrade

If you are 1 year into your 2yr contract because you purchased a "subsidized" phone, then you ARE NOT currently "eligible for an upgrade".

0 Likes
budone
Legend

How have yo paid off your device and yet still, 'Be in the midst of a two year contract?"

Nicodémus
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you need new phone before 6 months you're made of money so if you ain't don't bother with the edge.

0 Likes
ynnek0774
Enthusiast - Level 2

You say you CAN upgrade anytime you want? How is paying full price for another phone called you can upgrade anytime you want. Any one can do that without EDGE..........what's wrong with you?

0 Likes
PaulMichaelOwens
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the courteous and thoughtful response.

As this program ages (Day 2), the information that is communicated and being expressed to the customer is more and more expanded and please note CHANGED. I am fine with that because Integrity in business is what is lacking in Corporate America and your changes are becoming more informative for the consumer. If I had not been mislead originally about this program by the original wording of the advertisement, there would have been no challenge and I would have not felt mislead.

This information when I originally posted this thread, Sunday Early AM, was misleading, because my statement word for word quoted it, which is why it is in quotes. Now after your communication and legal teams have probably reviewed it, the wording has been changed and more information is readily available for the customer. It specifically said "Anytime", and I do recall upon initially it stating "No Contracts" perhaps when it was first announced, either way "No Long Term Contracts" is also misleading, because you have to change your plan, which I note it went from being a program to a "plan".

Regardless, "Upgrade When You Want", as it stands now, is still completely false, because there are MANY criteria to fall into the category. So the broad swath of "Verizon Edge - Upgrade When You Want" is completely misleading when it is broadcasted as a communication tool , ie: Advertising Image

I obviously should have done this originally to capture the changes, but I mistakenly did not. As another couple of posters referenced, the expectation when reading "Upgrade When You Want", leads one to believe that they can now get a new phone, which is just not the case.

I took actions on my account that were made on assumptions of the advertisements leading up to this program, in which I was lead to believe that I could upgrade whenever I wanted under this program, only to find out that I could not. The statement is misleading and has led to a frustrated customer who is bound to a certain carrier based on coverage and availability.

Thanks for your time.

Nicodémus
Enthusiast - Level 3

You know your argument is about pointless its like saying Bufflao Wild Wings all you can eat wings for $12 is false advertising, You can't share the wings (boo-hoo, its stated on the menu not on the advertisement), You have to make certain requirements, and after 6 months and 50% is paid off, look you can upgrade when ever you want!

0 Likes
GregoryB

That's interesting...If my phone is Subsidised already then that means that under the Edge Program Customers are essentially paying for their phone twice if their monthly bill is not lower than other customers right?

0 Likes
GregoryB

I bought my phones from Letstalk.com  while they were having a promotion not from Verizon. But my question now is, do customers who buy their phones upfront have a lower monthly bill then customers who subsidize their phones?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

GregoryB wrote:

do customers who buy their phones upfront have a lower monthly bill then customers who subsidize their phones?

no

0 Likes
PaulMichaelOwens
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually you proved the point in its entirety.

All you can eat Buffalo Wings for $12.

You can eat all the Buffalo Wings that you can manage for price of $12.

Pretty straightforward. Thank you.

0 Likes