Verizon FIOS Property Damage
atouchstone

In late October a Subcontractor installing Verizon FIOS in Pensacola, FL  damaged Keller Construction's sanitary sewer piping.  There was a directional bore center punched thru the sewer piping.

[removed], Owner of Keller Construction reached out to our company to assist in repairs.  On our first visit to his business we were evaluating a sewer blockage.  After excavation to the problem we found the damaged sewer piping.  We covered the excavation site and contacted the Local Utility company, Emerald Coast Utilities Authority, because the sanitary sewer line was on the County "Right of Way" but they claimed since Mr. Keller was the "only run" on that sanitary sewer piping that he would be responsible for the repairs and that they only maintained the sewer main.

AT&T had been boring in that area and we thought they were the actual company that caused the damage, so we reached out to AT&T about the damage.  AT&T had representatives on site when we unburied the sanitary sewer piping the 2nd time.  Brian [removed], AT&T Representative stated that the conduit that broke the pipe was actually Verizon FIOS.  Brian [removed] was kind enough to locate the Contractor who had the contract for the Verizon work.  He directed me to call a gentleman by the name of Adam with Quanta.  The first time I spoke with Adam felt that ECUA should be responsible for the repairs.  I explained the situation and he reluctantly said he would locate their subcontractors information because I will need to bill that subcontractor in order to be paid for the repairs, so I anticipated this to be an easy process.  Unfortunately Adam wasn't very cooperative.  He didn't ever provide the appropriate person to bill.  Every time I would call him he would have an excuse that he was out of the office, out to lunch, etc. and would never return my call when he got back to his office.  It's been 2 months of failed attempts to address this issue, so I am now reaching out to Verizon to hopefully resolve the issue for the business owner.  Pictures are below and I can provide more if needed.  I've tried contacting Verizon over the phone, but it's impossible to reach an agent without having a phone number.

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIOS Property Damage
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately  you have posted your issue in the wrong forum. You need the Verizon Residential forums instead. Verizon Forums – Welcome to the Verizon Fios® Community

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes