Verizon Financial Services
kentuckybj
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, long story short. Lost my job due to COVID. I work in healthcare and knew it was coming. I called Verizon to try and set up a payment plan that would fall on my unemployment pay dates. I felt like I was bullied in to setting up a payment that I couldn’t pay. It was due today. Yes, I’m a horrible person for just now realizing it was due today and not the 24. I have been with Verizon for 8 years. I feel that every time I call financial services I’m always pressured into a payment I can’t make or I get a ride representative. 

does anyone else have this same experience? 

Re: Verizon Financial Services
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, kentuckybj. We are very sorry to hear about the challenges that you are facing and for the experience that you've had with the support you received so far when reaching out to us regarding payment plans. We do appreciate your loyalty for the past 8 years and we certainly do not want you to feel this way. If you are in need of an adjustment to your current payment arrangement, we do recommend getting in touch with our Financial Services Department so that your service can remain connected as they do specialize in supporting payment arrangements. Our Financial Services Department can be contacted by dialing 866-266-1445. How does this plan sound? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
CS1203

I had the same experience this week I called a Verizon finance agent and was on the phone an hour or more and asked what I needed to pay today (11/30/2020) to ensure no services would interrupt. Note that during this covid mess and some very serious family deaths and emergencies that have occurred I’ve always made sure to make payments set up arrangements that I pay on time etc. the agent on 11/30/2020 stated if I could pay 100.01 right then with my debit card which I did and she confirmed then I asked if I needed to make any additional payments on Friday (12/4/2020) or anytime during the week of 12/7/2020-12/13/2020 she said oh no that’s not necessary I asked two more times during this part of the discussion if she was sure the account would be secure with the payment I did while speaking to her and she guaranteed me no interruptions and set up a payment plan with multiple dates and amounts in what she told me was the correct amounts needed on/by each of those dates. So she set up payments on 12/14/20,12/28/20,1/11/21 and 1/14/21 each with different amounts and they are set up to be paid directly using the card I authorized for them and I have to consent to the recorded phone call giving my permission for each dates amount and transaction. I’ve never missed a payment arrangement date ever. but while I was about to start my procedure at the hospital my son called from school to tell me his phone was not getting service. I had to miss my necessary medical treatment and then spent 4 hours and 52 min on the phone with Verizon financial services on 12/2/2020 got left on hold with the first agent when I asked for a manager for 48 min then the agent returned said guess ur not getting a manager on this phone call and hung up on me. 2nd call I got a representative that kept apologizing that the agent that directed me to pay the amount that I did on 11/30/2020 and the dates and amounts for my payment arrangement were not sufficient because my bill was about to cycle again on 12/4 she first told me I needed to pay 1101.28 to restore services, then when I gave her more info she said actually it’ll have to be 756.00 today to restore services and I asked her to explain to me how I all of sudden needed to pain some new amount when all I did was follow the instructions and directives I was told were to be done on 11/30 and promised no service interrupted as long as I paid each set arrangement date on time and for that amount I even received two Verizon emails confirming this. Lastly agent #2 put me on hold for 17 min came back and said I had to pay 309.00 to restore services I asked for explanation on the amounts to restore and explained I wasn’t wrong I called the department I’m supposed to at Verizon to have guidance and a arrangement set up as needed and on what days it was needed and did everything I was told I as needed done and paid the amount I was told needed paid on 11/30 and I’m being punished cause a finance agent did something wrong or gave me a bad plan or arrangement or had me pay the wrong amount on 11/30 during our call. Finally agent #2 sent me to a supervisor who after going back through everything again with this person supervising the finance agents and providing information I asked if they could reconnect service since it was all the Verizon agent on 11/30 who’s instructions and set up caused interrupted service. I explained my husband was getting paid in two days offered to just give them my debit card info and set up the payment that from this supervisor agent was needed to be 345.00 and while I was on hold so she could “pull strings” to help me with my personal issues and since I only have a bank debit visa and no other credit cards she said hopefully I can get them to help reconnect today since u clearly can’t afford any of these amounts was super rude and sarcastic and mocking in tone while talking put me on hold to “pull strings” and left me there for 53 min then said sorry they don’t think your hardship is enough to help today and sorry for the lady on 11/30 leading u in wrong plan to assure no service interruption and I asked for copies of whatever they were saying needed paid to restore service since I’m not sure even to this moment what needs paid to restore service since my already set payment arrangement fulfills my balance and past due she said use the Verizon app and figure it out and hung up on me. My Verizon online account shows my payment on 11/30 and my set payment arrangements from that same day it says my service isn’t interrupted and won’t tell or show me the true amount if any I have to pay to restore service. 

0 Likes
SMatkoskey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree totally. We have been with Verizon for a long long time. I have been in the same situation. I called last week to set up a payment they set it up for the 25th of April and today Good Friday they shut our phones off in the afternoon and I am unable to get in touch with anyone because they closed early. I am so fed up with the customer service that I am ready to switch to a new carrier.

0 Likes
ANGSMI45

My services have been getting interrupted. I've paid almost $900. On a scheduled payment plan a financial service agent set up and my phone disconnected. I keep getting the automated system and can not speak with live agent or financial services until I pay $407... Verizon is a joke at this point. I have been with them for 7 years, never been through this in my life . I choose Verizon because of the line of work that I do. I guess I'm going to have to look at other carriers for business. This is disheartening and it seems as if a lot of Verizon customers are having the same issues .. Either change the policies or the people that work for Verizon because we're paying mortgages to Verizon at this point . I don't understand why we are told 1 thing and the automated systems do something else . If you're told your services will be secured them that's what it should be nothing different.

0 Likes
HD79

It’s crazy cause I’m dealing with the same exact issue. I can’t even get through to a live agent with financial services. The customer service lady after an hour long conversation basically said well you wouldn’t be dealing with collections if you had made your payment. Umm I have cancer and I think somethings are more important. However, collections wouldn’t be needed or have employees if everyone always paid on time and never had unexpected situations. I’ve paid 700 in the past 3 weeks and they still disconnected my service. And no way to speak to anyone. 11 years with Verizon and I have never had this type of issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we would want is for you to feel the need to change providers, ANGSMI45. I can recall a time when I, too, experienced interruptions in my service that only added to the bill. I will be sure to pass your feedback, and that of others in this thread, to our leadership. We want to be able to work with customers when it comes to payments, and we most certainly want to be sure the systems support what we are telling our customers. Thank you again for providing an example of the subject matter of this thread. We sincerely appreciate your business.

-George

0 Likes