Verizon Gift Card False Advertising
giftcardfarce

*WARNING*  You won't be able to buy a new phone with your Verizon Gift Card if the phone is out of stock.  I tried online *fail* and called and was connected to the "Telesales" department, they advised you cannot use their VERIZON gift card to purchase a phone that is out of stock.  I'm looking at you iPhone 4s, even though their current advertising and video which is playing on this web site says you can buy a phone with the gift card.  Verizon should step up and announce on their web site and stores selling GIFT CARDS that you cannot use the gift card to purchase a phone if the phone is on back order. No one could provide even an estimated date when they expect more iPhones in stock.  At the very lest I should have been given the option of ordering a phone with the gift card online; that should be a method allowed to order a phone that is back ordered.  Very poor customer service. Singed 10+ year customer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Gift Card False Advertising
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

wait until its in stock

problem solved

0 Likes
barryr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. There's no purpose in putting the burden on further action on the customer.  Verizon should have accepted responsibility to take whatever action on behalf of the customer necessary to satisfy him or her.  That should always be their mantra.

giftcardfarce

Thank you I feel much better now.  I simply wanted to order the phone if it comes three months from now so be it. Again thank you.

0 Likes
ghettointhewoods
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been battling this BS for over 2 months now.  My husband bought me 400 in gift cards (a lot of money for us) to use towards an iPhone when I was ready for an upgrade.  At no point was he told I could not place an order for an iPhone if it was backordered.  So Verizon has my money & I can't even get in line for a phone.  I'm not putting a phone on a credit card with over 13% interest when (again) Verizon already has my money.    This is absolute fraud. 

Also, if any attorneys are out there, three words:  Class Action Lawsuit.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello happy community members,

It's not a secret that the supply and demand of the iPhone is amazing! As we are working around the clock to meet the demands for the iPhone 4S, we are limited as to how many are being produced by Apple. Gift cards are an acceptable payment options for the iPhone 4S, as well as credit cards and debit cards. There are some requirements that needs to be met in order to use the gift cards. They are noted below:

• Verizon Wireless branded gift card. (Usually bought at our corporate retail location)
  • Gift card has to have the full amount or greater of the purchase price including taxes.
  • Device has to be ordered by a customer service rep by phone or a sales rep at a corporate store.

Keep in mind that if you are at a retail location then the gift card can not be used to order an iPhone using the My Verizon Express portal. Also, the gift card will not be charged the amount of the sale until the device ships. If you have any additional questions or concerns then feel free to reply to this posting so I can further assist.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
giftcardfarce

My gift is a Verizon Branded Gift card.  The amount of the card MORE than covers the cost of the phone. I called Verizon; spoke to Telesales who told me they could NOT help me as they cannot use my Verizon gift card to order a phone that is on back order.  I called again and spoke to a supervisor and was told the same thing.  I finally told the person who gave me the gift card, we are planning to go into Verizon and returning the card having the money applied back to his credit card and then we will go home and order my phone, so I don't lose out on my "New  every two discount".  Was I told the wrong information? 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Good Morning!

You were given correct information. You are able to use the giftcard towards the purchase of a phone, including the iPhone 4S. However, any device needs to be in stock when using a giftcard to buy as the funds are not withdrawn from the giftcard until the device would ship, leaving the funds open to use on other purchases. A credit card works the same way, as the card does not get charged until the phone ships. I understand your eagerness to get such an awesome device!

Thank you for your patience!

AdamE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
giftcardfarce

I hope Verizon understands this is an extremely BAD customer experience and it IS false advertising. A caveat should be ON the card, included in the video on your web site, and staff at the stores should share this information with customers.  Again we are returning the gift card as I feel it was/is misrepresented   Also you may want to apprise the Verizon legal team about fraudulent holding of funds; how the lack of your guidelines is anywhere in print.  I do appreciate your corrected version of how the card actually does work. 

0 Likes
trunkmaker

They don't care if they give bad customer service. They must have more customers than they need.

0 Likes