Verizon Holding Shipments
lonewolf21782

So, I learned today that Verizon will not allow Fedex to release a package before it's scheduled "Delivery Date."  I found this out when the tracking stated that the package was at my local facility, 4 miles away, and the status stated "Package not due for Delivery"

So I called to see about picking it up since I have to drive past the facility later in the day.  I was informed by the Fedex person that Verizon doesn't allow the package to be released early.  This makes no sense, especially since I paid for the phone and am past my 2 year upgrade date.  I can't see any reason not to let me have the phone today.  Now I have to sit at home all day tomorrow since Fedex can't give a more exact time then before 7pm.

Now if it is so people don't activate a phone early, why not put something in the activation system that won't let the phone activate until a certain date?

I just find this extremely disappointing.  Of course I can't change providers now, since I'm locked in for 2 more years, but add this to my experience last week.  I went to the Verizon Store, not a 3rd party store, to upgrade my phone.  I was 5 days early, but my Droid Incredible wasn't accepting text messages, stated I was out of memory, even though I wasn't even using 1/4 of the internal or SD card memory.  They wouldn't waive the 5 days and allow me to upgrade early with my full discount.  So, I've had to use a phone that had gone defective for a week.  I could have have a replacement phone shipped to me, but then I would have been replacing it almost as soon as I got it.  And this is even after being a loyal customer for almost a decade, and upgrading my phone and signing new contracts every 2 years.  And now I have to wait even longer because they won't release the package even though it is in my town.

Verizon customer service has really gone downhill lately, not sure if I'm going to stay with them after my next contract is up.........

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Holding Shipments
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Usually FedEx and UPS have to make one attempted delivery before your can arrange for you to pick it up at the service center or change to an alternate delivery location.  I have tried what you are asking with a UPS shipment in the past and it doesn't work.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lonewolf21782

Nope, they aren't even attempting to deliver today.  They are holding the package at the facility until tomorrow, not even trying to deliver today due to some regulation from Verizon.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Today is a FEDERAL holiday.  That is why is won't be delivered today.  FedEx delivers on business days only unless you paid extra for the off schedule delivery.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lonewolf21782

They actually scanned it to put it on a truck this morning, and they received a message to not deliver until tomorrow.  When I called Fedex, they stated it was a VERIZON hold, not a holiday hold.  They are open for business, and won't even allow me to pick it up at the center.  According to the people I talked to, the only reason it isn't being delievered or allowed to be picked up is due to a Verizon regulation.

0 Likes
heidi_dommer

The same thing is happening to me today. I checked my phone and it says it is at the local facility but then it says package not due for delivery. I checked FedEx website after i ordered it last week and seen that they do deliver things on President Day they only close on major holidays. I am very excited to get my phone since I decided on the Iphone and I am really bummed to find out that it is basically here but they can't deliver it until tomorrow

0 Likes
keitoflan
Enthusiast - Level 3

lonewolf21782 wrote:

Now if it is so people don't activate a phone early, why not put something in the activation system that won't let the phone activate until a certain date?

So, if you did get your phone today but still wasn't able to activate it until a certain anyway you'd be happy? If they did this people would just call in a complain that they got their phone so why do they have to wait to activate it.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Did you order Friday??? If so, second day service would be Tuesday. It can turn into an unreasonable expectation by customers if VZW started allowing 2nd day service be delivered in only one day.

0 Likes
heidi_dommer

I ordered my phone on Friday but it has already arrived at the local facility but they are not delivering it today.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

heidi_dommer wrote:

I ordered my phone on Friday but it has already arrived at the local facility but they are not delivering it today.

Second day service would then be Tuesday. Normally, 2nd day service packages sent on Friday's from any company are held at FedEx and UPS til the day it is due, so not to give customers an expectation of always getting their 2nd day packages in a day.