Verizon Identity Verification Settings
anothercluelessuser
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I log into Verizon and select Privacy settings, there is one setting that I don't understand:

Identity Verification Settings

With your authorization, Verizon provides certain account, device, and profile data related to your Verizon account to third parties for the purpose of helping companies you do business with verify your identity and help protect you against identity theft and account takeover.

You can opt-out of sharing your information with third parties for this purpose below. By opting out, your information will not be sent to companies requesting the information. These third party services may be disrupted or may not work.

How can I learn more about this setting and what it does? Which "third parties" are getting what information through this service? What will improve if I turn this on? What will break if I turn this off?

Thank you.

Re: Verizon Identity Verification Settings
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question, we want to provide you with the correct information, this data is shared with companies that our customers do business with, includes Banking, Finance industry, E-commerce websites etc.

This service allows companies that Verizon customers do business with reduce fraud and improve the experience. If you decide to disable this option it will not affect your account in any way. 

~Pam

0 Likes
anothercluelessuser
Enthusiast - Level 1

"companies that our customers do business with, includes Banking, Finance industry, E-commerce websites etc."

Where is this list of companies? How do I know if my bank, etc. is on your list? How does this "improve the experience"? What information is shared?

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry we do not have a list to give you. They are companies we do business with and share information.-Joe

0 Likes
dakat

Can you please explain

1.  What information is sent to these 3rd parties, and
  2.  How these 3rd parties use this information to reduce "fraud and improve the experience"

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You will find more information at this link: http://spr.ly/6602JsPOr -Jordan

0 Likes
AnachronLudd

No, the link provided takes you to information concerning the "Verizon Custom Experience" not "Identity Verification Services" which Verizon itself treats as two distinct settings.  Not sure why Verizon would link to something having nothing to do with the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure you can manage your account as you see fit. Here is a direct link which will further advise about our Privacy Policy and what information is in question: https://www.verizon.com/about/privacy/full-privacy-policy#acc-item-31 -Chris

0 Likes
cheeserises
Enthusiast - Level 1

I read all the information here--and I am also wondering what the practical effect of turning off the identity verification system would be. Do I loose access to the subscriptions I receive as part of my phone plan--or does it make it impossible to sign up for phone access at an Apple store? 

The information in the privacy settings says: "You can opt-out of sharing your information with third parties for this purpose below. By opting out, your information will not be sent to companies requesting the information. These third party services may be disrupted or may not work."

What are the third party services that "may be disrupted or may not work?"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am here for support and happy to help answer your questions about Identity Verification Settings, cheeserises. Turning this feature on or off will not impact the plan perks/subscriptions you receive through Verizon.

Examples of third parties would be Apple. An example of a service provided by Apple is billing to your Verizon account when making a purchase through Apple. 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes