Verizon Liars!
kmo25

Be very aware people! I have been a Verizon customer for many years and what I have just experienced has me ready to switch to AT&T.

It all started when AT&T came out with their family plan. I contacted Verizon and asked if they were planning on anything similar because I might have to switch. With a son in college and another soon to be I need to save where I can. The woman on the chat window said "We can't have that" and came back 2 minutes later and told me she had cut my bill by $40.

Fast forward to this weekend and I ordered a new IPhone for my son. Upon selecting a data plan I contacted Customer Service and asked where my $40 savings was as the plan I was selecting was $30 per month. I was told there was no discount. I was then told that the plan I had with my company discount was the cheapest I could get.

Now I call today and I am told by another Customer service rep that the share everything plan is the cheapest!

So to recap.....Firs,t I was LIED to by the first customer service rep in order to keep my business! She told me I had received a $40 savings when I got NOTHING. Then, the 2nd rep told me the current plan I had was the cheapest and now the 3rd rep tells me i'd be better off going to a "Share Everything plan".

All of this and nobody who I have spoken to seems to care one bit about the woman that LIED and told me I was getting a $40 discount!

I am looking into cancelling the Iphone and switching carriers. This is an absolute JOKE!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Liars!
Not applicable

Ok possibly the REP lied not Verizon. I say possibly because I wasn't there and you don't have a recording. Second you're not taking into account at&t new plans you either pay full price for the phones upfront or over 20 or 26 months on their Next plans. That nice $160 price its not including the cost of the phones. Thirdly it might be helpful you if state EXACTLY what plan you have now.

Assuming you all wanted 4 new iPhones with at&t you would either have to shell out $2600 plus tax upfront or $130 a month over 20 months or $100 a month over 26 months in addition to the $160 a month fee.

0 Likes
kmo25

OK. First of all "Possibly the REP lied not Verizon". I've got news

for you...They are ONE IN THE SAME! If you work for Verizon you are a

REPRESENTATIVE of the company! Secondly, I wish I had kept a copy of the chat, you are correct.

Thirdly, I just spoke with a 3rd rep via phone and was told that the share everything plan is cheaper by a whopping $12! Wow!

However at least the 3rd rep has a conscience. She told me that the first rep

"totally misrepresented the information I was given. Her notes are all

over the place and fragmented and she will be opening up a ticket on

this person".

Unfortunately Verizon has me between a

rock and a hard place. Their monthly pricing still stinks compared to

AT&T but at this time I cannot afford to pay early cancellation fees to escape. However as soon as those contracts are up I will be longgg

gone!

0 Likes
Not applicable

T-Mobile is paying off early termination fees and you must buy new devices under their 24 month payment plan and you must trade in your old device to get reimbursed via Visa gift card.

The plans are cheaper so look at http://www.t-mobile.com

But read the fine print with the unlimited everything plans it is unlimited Talk, Text and data with an additional 2.5 GB of tethering per device per month. Right now all the iPhone are zero down, and $27 a month for 24 months each phone/line.

You do pay the taxes on the phones upfront on day of service. And $10 for each Sim starter kit. Its just a fancy name for the Sim that is free every where else

0 Likes
freddybrookman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm on the same boat. i am considering T-Mobile as well

0 Likes
kmo25

Yeah, I think i'm stuck for now because even switching to T-Mobile and if they pay your cancellation fees, you have to buy new phones. So you don't see savings for 2 years. By that time the plan will probably go up. I'm still livid that someone could actually tell me something and flat out lie about it and nobody cares.

0 Likes
SaraBuchanan30
Enthusiast - Level 2

I fully agree they are the worst. I have kept all my chats and considering legal action at this point. This is the third time Verizon has scammed me and they do not honor the price I signed on for. Bad business and I’ll be reporting them to BBB as well. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes