Verizon Loyalty Department, got a question
bigguy2211
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been fortunate to have good dealings with the vzw loyalty department. I won't go much into the details for their sake but I have a question. They are going to let me buy a phone on the terms I sign up for a two year contract. I'm under contract now, and I have an unlimited data plan still, which I think dearly of. I was told to talk to the loyalty department once I receive the phone call I was told I would receive in the upcoming days, and be sure to ask them this question. Will I still be able to keep my unlimited data plan or will I have to give it up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Loyalty Department, got a question
bigguy2211
Enthusiast - Level 2

elector I totally agree with you. I tried my best to prove this point in an example up above. Most folks, I'm not saying all, like knowing they still have that device they took out of the box that very first time, has spent a great amount of time with that device, and therefore, knows his or her device very well.

I didn't originally want to come out and announce to the world what vzw is offering to do for me. I'm grateful for what they are allowing me to do, and that makes me want to stay with this company.

I wish that some of the carriers didn't have to change their plans the way that they have. Talking with an At&t rep yesterday, and he explained to me why the carriers decided to do away with their unlimited data plans. I sort of seen their perspective but in a sense as will, I couldn't ignore my own perspective as to why carriers decided to do away with unlimited in favor of fixed plans. Times are tough I guess.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

You probably won't get a response from an actual Verizon rep but you would still lose your unlimited data, that offer is probably just a promotion but that $30 upgrade fee and losing unlimited data still apply, but definitely verify with them, but the system automatically kicks it out that you lose unlimited data.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

If you get a subsidized phone, you will not, under any circumstances keep your unlimited data.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I'm not sure the point of your post.  Anyone can buy a subsidized phone by signing a new 2 year contract and anyone signing a new 2 year contract will lose their unlimited data plan.

0 Likes
vzwbutterfly
Enthusiast - Level 3

No you won't. You'll have to decide now, New phone and tiered data or old phone and unlimited data. If they're offering you an early upgrade its because you need a phone and you a loyal customer. That would be the end of the offer though. They are not able to change the contract that you would need to sign and let you keep it. Although I'm a little concerned that you said dealings..as in plural..I'd hope that you aren't calling in all the time? Although hopefully with a new phone it solves your phone issues.

0 Likes
bigguy2211
Enthusiast - Level 2

butteryfly, yes, I've had been calling since friday when my phone crapped out. Guys, my phone just stopped working, I called had my service moved to a flip phone, called again that day, and they wanted to send me a refurb phone, I didn't want it, they sent it anyway. Then on Saturday, I called and expressed how unhappy I was going to be with having a refurb phone, a refurb phone to me, is someone elses phone that they had problems with, and I don't want someone else's problems, and I told them that. I know that there is a slim chance I might have gotten a new phone of the one I had, I wont say what kind of phone, but none the less, I was not going to be happy.

I asked the rep, could I pay the etf, and then come back and buy a new, never been used phone, and I was put on hold while they checked his or her options. They came back and gave me two options, wait till my one year anniversary date, which is in a few weeks, then they would let me upgrade early, or I could pay the etf fee, come back to vzw in at least 50 days, and they would waive the fee once I bought a new phone.

I was afraid of this but as one of you stated, "don't give up your unlimited data plan at all cost". I am grateful for them doing what they are going to let me do, and I don't want to seem like i am ungrateful, cause I'm not but being with them since 2005, I came into my first smart phone, blackberry storm one, with an unlimited data plan, and to have that taken from my hands after they gave it to me, that hurts. I understand how contracts work, they place new terms and conditions in the new one, and you are the one that agrees to the terms. I want the need the phone, its my only means of reaching me but I don't want to give up my data plan for a smaller one.

I went to at&t yesterday, a corp store, and I asked about becoming a customer there. I was told that new customers have to sign up for a 3 gig plan, which is not bad, I never use that much data, I do use between 2 and 3 each month. But one thing that I was told is, existing customers that come in to upgrade, THEY GET TO KEEP THEIR UNLIMITED DATA PLANS, thats awesome if thats the case. Now that you know the full story, I appreciate your thoughts.

0 Likes
bigguy2211
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh...I stopped calling yesterday, and I'm not going to bug them today. I felt that if I kept calling, I might could make them get tired of my crap, and get something done. I was mad and frusturated but once I got calmed down and a little over the smart phone empty nest syndrome, I am grateful for what they have done for me.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

I've had dozens of refurb phones over the years and have never had any more issues with them than with a new phone. If there's no cost involved why would you not take a refurb? You could turn around and sell it and buy that phone you want and break pretty close to even.

0 Likes
budone
Legend
Yes existing AT&T customers who have unlimited data get to keep it.....with some throttling and such at certain levels.  A new customer can not get unlimited data.  VZW has no reason to offer unlimited data to existing customers who want subsidized phones. They are adding new post paid subs at levels the other big three can not meet combined.  With the lowest Churn rate of the big four also.   That is why as print offers phones at a lower cost with a hardly an unlimited plan. Their coverage stinks, data is slower than molasses in January in Michigan. And they are losing money.  Heck I admit I still have in my name a SERO Sprint account. $50 Gets me 500 minutes, unlimited data and messages with 4g....where available. . But I let a friend use it as she wanted a cheap plan. She is fine with it.
0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

budone wrote:

data is slower than molasses in January in Michigan. 

It's not THAT cold here in January, maybe April, but not January!

0 Likes