Verizon Loyalty, think we're leaving
Td2323
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is my very last ditch effort with Verizon.  I need to speak with someone who can tell me why I should stay with Verizon, immediately.  I can't find contact information.

Here's my story:

I've been a Verizon customer for 20 years.  I have 4 lines, and have spent countless amounts of money with Verizon wireless.  ( Actually, $250 x 12Months x 20 yrs = $60,000 rough estimate...) 

8 years ago I moved to a new area of my city.  Im on a main road with several state/interstate highways within sight.  My service was wonderful for a couple years, then began to diminish.  It dropped to a point where I couldn't send texts, take calls, and my home phone connect (which I use for my business) wouldnt receive any of my incoming calls several days out of the week.  Same places at home that I used to have lightning fast internet, now couldn't even send a basic SMS, and dialing out would take minutes before connecting the call.

I began speaking with Verizon about it  several years ago, probably over a hundred hours on the phone with reps.  I was told it was marginal coverage but Something is in the Works.  However, they didn't have access to the information that said WHAT was in the works, or when it would be completed.  Several years later, same issues.  6am and 9pm my phone is excellent, all day I have 2 bars of LTE, but you can almost set your watch by when the service would go to unusable each morning.  I mentioned this to several reps who all assured me that my older plan was incapable of being throttled during times of high congestion, so that was out of the question, it must be an overloaded tower.  We do have close to 100k cars passing through each day, and a Walmart, Lowe's, Tractor Supply, Wholesale club, etc on this one tower.  But that shouldn't affect MY service.  Well, it sure seemed to.

Service tickets about my issues were filled, people in my area called to complain and posted on social media saying the same thing, "used to be great service now it's horrible, Verizon told me that something is in the works in your area".  Each time I received a response about these tickets, it said the same thing..  the reason for your poor service..   is poor service.  Watch this video.  Have a nice day.

So, I had had enough.  I started investigating other providers, noticing amazing deals on phones, lower prices, no hidden fees, better service... But we LOVED Verizon, we bragged about Verizon, we had been loyal to Verizon for 2 decades... It would be a tough decision to leave.

So I gave Verizon one last chance, I sat down as if getting ready for a bad break-up, I called Verizon via a "loyalty" number I was given, and I explained my situation in full detail to the rep. I finished this whole statement with "This is my very last shot, what can Verizon do to keep us?"

The rep worked hard, we changed our plan to reduce cost(and also throttle my service), she offered a deal on 2 phones for my other 2 lines(my parents), and she assured me things were going to go smoothly from here on out, she would be personally responsible.  

Well, it's been 5 weeks and nothing has gone right.  She has, in fact, worked hard for us, but the inability of the customer service to fully decide how to help, even after speaking with supervisors is HORRIBLE.  The customer service reps have all been amazing, it's the only thing I like about Verizon anymore.  But their hands are all tied.  

Today, 5 weeks after this horrible mess started, I received my package from Verizon.  Finally, I'll be able to put this behind me, my parents will have working phones.(my mother's iPhone just became obsolete, my father's flip phone will be soon with the new technology, go figure..  that's OUR fault and our dime to fix).

I opened the box, one phone, the other hasn't even shipped yet...  And the phone that I received wasn't even the correct one that we spent (broken record) FIVE WEEKS going over.  I am SO COMPLETELY EXHAUSTED AND DISGUSTED AND DISHEARTENED WITH VERIZON WIRELESS THAT I CANT EVEN TAKE IT ANYMORE.  

And what the worst part is?? 

We have never been offered a deal on phones or service, due to our older plan.  We can't get any answers about the marginal coverage whatsoever.  Please, check my service call records, you'll see just how much I've been through.  I'm not one of those people that call Everytime a hair is out of place, sometimes I even hold back from calling so I don't get a label on my account saying that I'm an issue.  I just want my wireless provider that's taken a small fortune of my money to work for me.  

Why do new customers get deals?  If I want to take part in the latest deal for existing customers, it requires a new line of service for each phone the deal is used on...  I have FOUR LINES.   I don't need a new line.  Well, I can change each phone number and activate said deal..  I have had my phone number since 1999,  and if were to go to your competition, they'd happily give me a "new line" with the same phone number I've had for my entire life. 

Spoke with someone a few days ago that told me Verizon's "loyalty department" basically only works for customers who have left and wish to return.

So they get deals, new customers get deals, there's a bunch of shady deals advertised for existing customers, and new plans receive offers.  My question is, why can't ANYONE in this entire company do something to say that were appreciated?  Why does Verizon have no concern whatsoever for our issues, for our loyalty, for our massive amounts of money, for our 4 lines, for us... For their best customers.  Why do we have to be new or leave to have a Verizon deal?? Aren't we what built your company?  Don't you want to retain people like us?  Why do we have to fight to get a simple discount on a new phone?  And WHY hasn't anyone done anything to stop us from leaving??? 

Re: Verizon Loyalty, think we're leaving
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Every customer matters to us, Td2323, and your 20 years with us certainly puts you in a rare group. There’s no way we’d want you to have to even consider another carrier. There have been many positive changes over the years, so it’s that much more difficult when you’re faced with the apparent opposite. We could never thank you enough for the kind words you offered over the years to friends and family. It’s past time we showed you how much we value you. Please check for a Private Note from us, so we can get to work on a solution that will keep you with Verizon for another 20 years and more.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
Joshuaricks21

U shouldn’t cause I am having the exact same thing happen to me and I’m so done 

0 Likes
Joshuaricks21

U say u help but u don’t and u apparently thank ur Customers are stupid

0 Likes
Joshuaricks21

When we aren’t 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joshuaricks21, it's important to us that our customers are always in receipt of the help they need. What exactly is going on with your VZW services? Let us know. We can help.

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
kuma77

For me, it's the fact that they keep trying to overcharge me every month.

0 Likes
Michb111
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not surprised. I completely regret switching. I can’t believe they treat customers this way

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kuma77, we'd hate to see you leave the team. If you are experiencing a billing concern, please let us know. We would be happy to address any billing questions or concerns for you. https://www.verizon.com/support/contact-us/

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely don't want you to feel that way, Michb111. Are you having any issues with your Verizon service? Please let us know how we can help you. 

0 Likes