Verizon Mobile to Verizon Mobile through Google Voice
foobah

My Google Voice number is transferred to my Verizon Mobile number. My plan has free mobile to mobile calls. If a call to my Google Voice number comes from a Verizon mobile number, will Verizon treat it as a free mobile to mobile call?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Mobile to Verizon Mobile through Google Voice
Axis

Not A Droid Question..........

I can only please one person each day.
Today is not your day.
Tomorrow doesn't look good either.

0 Likes
jzanick

Yes if you set the settings to show the caller id instead of the google voice number.

0 Likes
foobah

So, if I have chosen to use Google Voice on my outgoing calls, then both outgoing and incoming calls to and from another Verizon mobile number routed through a Google Voice number will not be considered M2M calls?

0 Likes
jzanick

This is a little tricky because there is a couple of ways you can use your Google Voice number with your phone

If you use google voice for outgoing, it will not be M2M calls period.

If you use google voice for incoming, it can be M2M calls if you set your google voice settings (on the web) to show caller ID instead of Google Voice number.

If you want a full description of how to set up your Google Voice with your verizon account, give me your email or google it. You can make unlimited calls using google voice.

0 Likes
old_man-58

jzanick, I would like to have those instrctions as well, please,

0 Likes
foobah

jzanick wrote:

This is a little tricky because there is a couple of ways you can use your Google Voice number with your phone

If you use google voice for outgoing, it will not be M2M calls period.

If you use Google voice for incoming, it can be M2M calls if you set your Google voice settings (on the web) to show caller ID instead of Google Voice number.

If you want a full description of how to set up your Google Voice with your Verizon account, give me your email or Google it. You can make unlimited calls using Google voice.

If my Google Voice settings on the Web specify showing the caller's caller ID rather than the Google Voice number caller ID when the call is transferred to my Verizon cell

but

if the mobile caller has blocked his number, but Google Voice has passed the call (Unknown) on to my Verizon cell, will Verizon count it as a M2M call?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would guess not (and it is a guess), as there is no way to determine if the incoming number is a Verizon number, if it is blocked.

0 Likes
Austacia

Would you share these instructions with me please?

0 Likes