Verizon Over Billing and Issues
2phones1500forlast6mo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I reviewed my year billing payments and realized in the last 6 months I have paid Verizon a little over $1500. for 2 smartphones on the everything plan with edge program. This amount doesn't reflect deposits or accessories purchased either.  Edge costed about $ 25. Per month totaling $150. For the 6 months. $40/line for access totaling $480. for 6 months.

The devices had equipment protection at $8 each totaling $96.

Let's see... $1500. - $726. = $774.  that was spent on data and other service fees. REALLY? For 6 months of service without a Hotspot, line upgrades, or other miscellaneous purchases?

To top the off, I am being forced to continue to pay for one of the lines because Verizon would not allow the phone to transfer on to a separate Verizon account because it is part of the Edge program with a balance.  I guess I don't see why that would be a problem? The Edge contract would go on the next account right?. 

I foresee future domestic partner problems paying for my "ex's" telephone until she pays it off unless I pay it for her then try to get it back from her somehow. I ended up suspending the line, funny thing is I don't have a credit, I'm still being billed. I know for a fact the phone service is NOT active. I have the device. Verizon charges for over usages but wouldn't consider credit for not using data bandwidth.

I asked VZW customer service to change my account multiple times in the last 6 months with being told it's been changed. On my current bill I see one change, but the majority of what I asked for didn't happen. I requested 1 GB data for my plan, equipment protection,  and one phone line removed from my account. The rep at that point tried to "save me money" by trying to talk me into an even higher data plan of 6 GB then what I currently had, which is 3 GB.

As a business owner myself, it's hard to understand how they run their CSR team.

If Verizon representatives respond to this, please don't waste my time with excuses to justify these outrageous prices and lack of flexibility for the phone transfer.

I drove by a billboard yesterday that read unlimited talk, text, & data. The first 2.5 GB is 4G data, then throttled down for $40. offered by T-Mobile.  I  know T-Mobile contracts on Verizon towers, and at peak times their data usage gets throttled down to prevent problems with existing Verizon contract and prepaid customer services. Although, I cannot ignore the cost differential. $40/mth @ 6 mths = $240. or $480. for 2 phones in 6 months.

I don't have any issues with connectivity using Verizon phones just the occasional OS glitches that upset me.

A MAJOR CREDIT IS OWED FOR MULTIPLE PROBLEMS.

If Verizon can't become competitive with service pricing, the company most certainly will continue losing customers to other providers.

Thanks for taking your time to read about the few issues I have discussed so far.

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon Over Billing and Issues
rcschnoor
Legend

2phones1500forlast6months wrote:

I reviewed my year billing payments and realized in the last 6 months I have paid Verizon a little over $1500. for 2 smartphones on the everything plan with edge program. This amount doesn't reflect deposits or accessories purchased either.  Edge costed about $ 25. Per month totaling $150. For the 6 months. $40/line for access totaling $480. for 6 months.

The devices had equipment protection at $8 each totaling $96.

Let's see... $1500. - $726. = $774.  that was spent on data and other service fees. REALLY? For 6 months of service without a Hotspot, line upgrades, or other miscellaneous purchases?

The rep at that point tried to "save me money" by trying to talk me into an even higher data plan of 6 GB then what I currently had, which is 3 GB.

Have you looked at your bills??? If not, why not? If you have, what charges are bringing your costs up so high???

You say you have a 3 GB data allowance. That comes to $60/month or $360 over the 6 months. What does your bill say the OTHER $414 is being charged for????

Look at your bills to determine WHY your bill is so high and then take steps to lower it.

One thing you MAY be mistaking is the cost of your phones. Are BOTH of your phones on Edge? If so, what 2 phones can only have an Edge cost of $25/month total???? Or did you mean $25 EACH for a total of $300 for the 6 months? Or are you subtracting the $15/month ACCESS FEE discount from the "phone cost" instead of from the "service cost" as it is being applied.

It sounds as if you are not completely sure how your bill is being split up. The first thing you should do is to study your bill to find out. Then you can take steps to lower your bill. One would be to log into your MyVerizon account and set your data allowance to the level you would like.

0 Likes