Verizon Plan and Discount Issues
DebraLawrence
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello!

My name is Debra and I have been having some trouble in regards to a 22% discount that I receive from Baptist Health in Richmond for Verizon. I have been given conflicting information from Verizon Customer Service since signing a contract with them to get this discount. I signed up at the beginning of August in the store and selected the 700 minute plan with texting. Before I signed the contract and chose my plan, I asked the sales associate which plans would work with my discount. He told me that any plan I choose will work with the discount from my employer. I signed up and signed the contract with the plan mentioned about and the employee told me that I would receive a text message confirmation stating that my discount was approved. I did receive this text message. When I received my first bill, I was charged the normal plan rate (without the discount included). I went into the store and told them what happened and they changed my amount due to $50.20 and said that they could see the discount on my account and was not sure why the full amount was still showing on my bills. I then received my second bill, and the same thing happened. The same thing then happened again with my third bill. They told me in the store when I went in this second time that everything had been sorted and this shouldn't happen again. This time I called in to speak with someone in Customer Service since it was the third time this had happened and I had already been assured there wouldn't be a problem again. When I called in this time (the third time), I was told that my plan never qualified for the discount. They were very rude and even told me that my bill had never been adjusted (I have the email receipts to prove otherwise, along with my bank statement where it was withdrawn). Now I am stuck in a contract with Verizon, being told that I will be having to pay more than I was told originally and more than I can afford at this time. They were aware that I was signing up because I got this discount and they told me themselves that the discount would apply to the plan I wanted and then signed up for. Below is a chat transcript from a rep at Verizon and is an example of the conflicting information that I have been provided. They are telling me that the plan is on my file and that people sign up with the discount using the same plan I have everyday. They are again asking me to contact customer services, which I do not want to do because they are being extremely rude and not helping me. I would really love for someone to be able to sort this out for me once and for all. I used the case number that I was emailed after I spoke to the last rep on the phone to put in the subject field of this email. I also have saved email receipts showing what I was billed and what the balance was adjusted to and what I paid. I also have screen shots of the chat below as an example of what I have been told. I have been very upset over this and being called a "liar" and receiving different information from everyone I speak with. I feel like I was mislead so that I would sign up with this service and now am being told I would have to pay a huge cancellation fee to get out of the contract when the wrong has been done by Verizon. Please help me if you can or give me some advice on what to do!

Debra

Private info and chat transcript removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Plan and Discount Issues
androiduser123
Contributor - Level 1

Not all plans qualify for the discount, so even if it takes 2-3 billing cycles to show, it doesn't have to show depending on the plan. From what the OP states, I'm assuming she has the Share everything 700 basic phone plan with the $10 data package. The discounts only apply to plans $34.99 or higher. The share everything 700 is only $10.

Therefore it doesn't qualify for the employee discount, never has, never will unless the price goes up. So without the discount, the OP is paying $50 plus tax ($10 for the plan, $30 for the line acess and $10 for the texting), the lowest Share everything that qualifies is the Share everything 500mb for $40 plus the $30 line acess fee, 22% of $40 is only $8.80, so instead of $70 plus tax, it would be $61.20 plus tax.

The OP is best staying on the $50 plan that doesn't get the discount.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DebraLawrence
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone have any suggestions? or has anyone been in this same situation? I am beyond exhausted trying to get this sorted.

0 Likes
AHS-PANTHER

Hi DebraLawrence,

I am also having the same problem.I was already recieving the discount and then we changed companies and were asked to verify our employment with the new company.I sent a letter to the address that was given us and also went by my local Verizion store. I recieved a employment validation card in the mail along with a tracking number but they still continue to refuse to give me my 22 % discount. I have called 2 times and they continue to tell me that they are processing my request and would call in 5 business days.Well 5 business days passed and still nothing. I dont take a rocket sciense to figure this out. I am not going to waste another day being put on hold to listen to more lies. The first guy (Todd) promised to get back with me.That never happened. I am going to call my corporate office at work and let them handle it. I am not going to settle for anything less than crediting my account for the 22% discount the last 3 billing cycles.Please let me know if you get your problem worked out.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I thought we had this settled in another thread. I believe all was ok now with your plan and your discounts.

Did something change from yesterday?

It takes at least two to three billing cycles for the discount to be applied. As I stated yesterday it does not happen immediately .

Good Luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

First off Verizon does not have to give you any discount, Your office can do nothing about it. Verizon sent you a verification card for you to respond to. And discounts vary. Just because you had 22% in the past does not mean you will receive the same one with a new company.  If eligible for the discount it can take up to 2-3 billing cycles to be applied on your current invoice. You do not get prorate on previous months invoices.  Calm down and comply with Verizons verification process, if you are granted a discount you will in good time receive. You are not entitled to it, Verizon as a customer curtsey gives it at their sole discretion.  Good Luck

0 Likes
androiduser123
Contributor - Level 1

Not all plans qualify for the discount, so even if it takes 2-3 billing cycles to show, it doesn't have to show depending on the plan. From what the OP states, I'm assuming she has the Share everything 700 basic phone plan with the $10 data package. The discounts only apply to plans $34.99 or higher. The share everything 700 is only $10.

Therefore it doesn't qualify for the employee discount, never has, never will unless the price goes up. So without the discount, the OP is paying $50 plus tax ($10 for the plan, $30 for the line acess and $10 for the texting), the lowest Share everything that qualifies is the Share everything 500mb for $40 plus the $30 line acess fee, 22% of $40 is only $8.80, so instead of $70 plus tax, it would be $61.20 plus tax.

The OP is best staying on the $50 plan that doesn't get the discount.

0 Likes
AHS-PANTHER

Hi elector,

Thanks for your swift response. Yes I do believe I am entitled to that discount.I am sure that I read the fine print and it said "you are receiving this discount based on your employer having an AGREEMENT with verizion. Also  if I call and they say we will call you back in 5 days and they don't call  back, that is unacceptable customer service.Furthermore why does it take 2 or 3 months to give a customer a discount. If I go to Verizion and add another line of service I dont take 2 or 3 months for them to add it to my bill. Maybe your time would be more useful helping someone else but thanks for trying .Good Luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

The phone calls not being returned I agree is poor service. The discount because your employer receiving a service from Verizon does not mean it is a right. Verizon can cancel that discount service at anytime.

Verizon allows the employees a discount due to the service supplied to your company. As long as your company has a contract with verizon wireless the discount is given to the employer group. But as a courtesy not as a given.

Yes I can understand getting a new line of service, or changing your plan is instantaneous but placing the discount on your line takes up to 90 days. Just lije verizon can charge your credit or debit card for goods and services in seconds, yet it takes days or weeks to get a credit reversed to you. You know the reason its to keep your money as long as possible.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

The discount is given on total cost of service, or in some cases as my discount on costs of services and data included.

However the total price the original poster pays more than exceeds $35-$40 so as she was given (in the other thread) the discount after many calls. Verizon Wireless told her she was eligible verbally and via text message. However she was not aware that the discount was applied within two to three billing cycles.

Her discount is now applied and all is well in Verizon Land.

Please note no post paid plan today is cheaper than $40-$50 so any discount that is granted is legitimate to that line of service. But as I have stated before the discount is not a right but a courtesy given by verizon wireless.

Unlike T-Mobile which gives a discount on all lines of service under your account, they include service & data in that discount. Verizon only gives on the primary line and may or may not include the data portion in that discount.

Happy Friday 

0 Likes
androiduser123
Contributor - Level 1

plan.jpg

You are sadly mistaken Elector. As you can see here, the plan is $10 plus the line access fee.

As for the discount applying to the whole bill, my guess is you aren't a VZW customer. I am on the share everything 2gb. My 20% discount only applies to the $60 cost of the 2gb plan.

bill.jpg

0 Likes