Verizon Preorder Feedback
n1cklaus

Verizon's Preorder process needs a complete overhaul. It's a disaster. The point of preorders (I assume) is to lessen complications, prevent customers from needing to visit a Verizon store, give Verizon and the manufacturer a realistic expectation of inventory requirements and to increase overall customer satisfaction. However, my experience has always been less than complicated and always unpleasant through multiple preorder events.

1. Billing/Payment Mistakes

I preordered the Galaxy S9 through the Verizon Mobile App on iOS. I chose a Device Payment Plan and payed the $30 upgrade fee using Apple Pay (showed successful at the time). I got an order confirmation and thought I was finished. Several days later, I received a notification from my bank that a Verizon transaction was declined on my account (the charge was just attempted, several days after my initial order). The next day, I receive an email from Verizon that my payment did not go through and my order had been cancelled! I ended up spending 45 minutes on the phone with Verizon Customer Service to rectify the issue, for which he had to re-submit my order with some "rush" form to get it to me in the same original time frame.

Long story short - Why, oh why, did it take Verizon *several days* to process my payment for an order that showed as "completed"? Why would Verizon cancel my order over a trivial $30 free that could easily be reprocessed or added to my next bill?

2. Shipping and Delivery Options

Let's be honest, package delivery in modern days can be a nightmare. Thieves steal packages, they get mis-delivered, mishandled, etc. But most importantly, people are generally not home to sign for packages. We have daytime jobs, Verizon, hello! The requirement for signature upon delivery is understandable but, yet Verizon explicitly disallows the valuable "hold at FedEx facility" or "schedule delivery date/time" options. In this case, I'm forced to be home on the "estimated" delivery date. But what if I can't be home? Oh, well, I have to wait two more days for FedEx to attempt failed delivery again (3 attempt policy) before I can drive to the FedEx facility and pick up my package in person, at a convenient time for me.

Alternate solution? Yes... Maybe Verizon could allow a "ship to store" option? Hmmm... Then I could safely pick up my phone at a time that's convenient for me? Sounds so easy. But no. Verizon doesn't offer that, either. Every major retailer offers this option except you. It's just a given nowadays.

It's 2018, Verizon. Do we seriously need to be having this conversation?

Labels (1)
0 Likes