Verizon Protect Home (Asurion) a nightmare and scam!
Eagle20
Enthusiast - Level 2

I enrolled in Verizon Protect Home in May 2020 because it seemed worth the extra $25/month to have tech experts on-call 24/7, internet security and whole home extended warranty. However, the tech "experts" have proven completely useless on multiple occasions, and internet security (Digital Secure) doesn't work on any of our devices. Ultimately all I've been paying for is the whole home extended warranty, and when the battery in my MacBook expanded, I figured I might as well get something out of what I had been paying for.

Unfortunately, things started off going downhill from day one and have only picked up speed!

I filed the first claim to have my Mac battery replaced, and paid the $105 Service Fee (with tax). When I got my Mac back all seemed fine, but then I discovered one of the USB ports was not working right, and my Mac was turning itself off. This was upsetting considering these issues did not exist prior to the battery replacement. So, I called about this, and to ask about my dads old Acer laptop thats battery would not charge. 

Of course I was told to send my Mac to Asurion again, then I was told my "plan" includes free annual battery replacement but "Verizon does not want [us] to know". This left me wondering why I was charged a service fee to replace my Mac battery in the first place. But the gentleman was having problems creating these claims, which took two hours and multiple attempts. So I was going to call back the next day to ask about the service fee. In the end, I was told a replacement Acer laptop battery would be sent, which I'd receive in 7-10 days, but neither the Acer laptop or battery needed to be sent to Asurion. Afterwards, I should've received an email for each claim, but instead received over a half dozen and all had different claim numbers.

The following day I called again to ask for the claim numbers of the two new claims, and the service fee charged on the first. On its own this was a complete s**tshow and a long story. To sum it up, I was provided claim numbers for the two new claims, but somehow in the troubles creating them, I wasn't sent email or SMS notifications for the Acer battery claim. Then I was told I did have to send the defective Acer battery to Asurion, and was having to wait on shipping materials in the mail. Neither of which is what was discussed or agreed to the day before. As far as the service fee, this is where the runaround started.

My Mac and the Acer battery were sent to Asurion as instructed. In the meantime, I made countless calls about the service fee I was charged, but was constantly told I'd receive a callback and would receive no call. It took a month of harassing them with calls, but it was finally refunded. In the meantime, I had asked about charges toward my Aggregate Claim limit, and what was done or repaired on my Mac. They stated charges ranging from $341 to over $2,100 that were obviously inaccurate. Once again I was constantly told I'd receive a callback and would receive no call. 

Then I receive a voicemail that only said they were calling about the Acer battery and asked that I call back. That day I received my Mac back, but again with issues that did not previously exist. Such as the unknown substance I can only describe as 'smut', which emits from the vent then adheres to the screen, and does not just wipe off. Which is one of many 'quirks' it did not leave with, but I have spent hours with Apple Support on multiple occasions trying to resolve.

I returned the missed call about the Acer battery the next day, but nobody could tell me why I was called or asked to call back. I later found out, they instead decided they needed the entire laptop, and returned the defective battery after holding it a week. At which point I told them to forget about it until issues with the charges towards my Aggregate Claim limit and what was done to my Mac were addressed. Despite that fact, they took it upon themself to create a new claim for the Acer battery, and this was now over a month ago.

Finally, Verizon got involved a couple weeks ago. They made a conference call to Asurion, who acted like they were addressing the issues, but that was just to get Verizon off the call. Afterwards, I received an email from Asurion with directions to contact their legal team in writing for the information I requested, which even multiple of their supervisors lied and stated numerous times I'd receive a callback on. 

Now, my Mac will need serviced or replaced, and the Acer laptop can only be used plugged in without the battery installed. All of which is at my additional expense thanks to Asurion and Verizon, who won't stand behind their services.

~ Eagle20 ~
iPad Pro (iOS 15.2) • iPhone XR (iOS 15.2) • MacBook Pro (macOS Catalina 12.1)
Re: Verizon Protect Home (Asurion) a nightmare and scam!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered with getting help with the Verizon Protect Home by Asurion service, Eagle20. That's not at all the experience we want for you and we're happy to help figure this out with you. I know you have a number of concerns here and so we've sent a Private Note so we can best assist with this. Please respond to that message. 

-RSM

Eagle20
Enthusiast - Level 2

I responded to your message the following day but have yet to hear back from you, and have not heard from Asurion since the first week of February.

Is anyone going to take responsibility for anything or will I continue to be ignored in the hopes I will give up?

~ Eagle20 ~
iPad Pro (iOS 15.2) • iPhone XR (iOS 15.2) • MacBook Pro (macOS Catalina 12.1)
Drfeelgoodincolorado
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello and good day, I have a samsung 55 inch 7100 model tv that has lines in the screen when you turn it on and a big bullet hole (THERE is NO CRACK or HOLE in the SCREEN), this is a tv of 1.5 years age that my 71 year old Mother (live together) watches daily. We contact Verizon home protect and they made the 1st appointment no problem. The day came and went and no tech showed, so I contacted them the following day, a new appointment was scheduled and the day came and went No tech showed again (twice). So when I arrived home from Kansas (medical conference), I called Verizon a 3rd time and finally 2 days later a tech came out. accessed the TV and verified (gave me a copy of the work order) that states "NO" to screen cracked.. I called home protect today and they denied the claim, stated the tech report "cracked screen", I explained I have the work order it states NO to cracked screen (there is no cracked screen) and Vicky stated well that is not what the tech reported to them. So I've reached out to the tech, both VM and text and NO response from him. So no the 20+ lines we (myself and family) have will be canceled and I will file a claim with the states Attorney Generals Office. In my line of work I see 100's of people a day and will recommend any other carrier than Verizon. AT&T will can 20+ lines of service this month..... SCAM

Re: Verizon Protect Home (Asurion) a nightmare and s cam !
Giggles6
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • Sorry to hear about your experience.  Thank you for giving the heads up. So, I can quit wasting money on that program. I am like you and don't give up when I pay for services that I don't receive.  I hope you were able to get a resolve that you were happy with  
Re: Verizon Protect Home (Asurion) a nightmare and s cam !
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes