Verizon Rebate Deception
quindar7
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

I'm writing to let everyone know that the Verizon promotion code "SWITCH2VERIZON" is a pile of deception. I was provided this code as part of a sale completed at "20503 Fm 529 Rd, Ste 200, CYPRESS, TX, 77433" on October 24, 2021. Upon submission within the required time frame, the redemption was marked as "Invalid" for a reason that is not part of the requirements nor explainable.

Over the past two months I have been trying to contact Customer Service and the Rebate Center for assistance and both departments continually pointed the finger at each other. I even received an e-mail on December 20, 2021 at 10:44 US Central stating that I was still eligible and to contact Verizon.

My most recent cry for help on January 3, 2022 at 17:32 US Central Time was again unfruitful. I spoke to Michelle who confirmed the rebate was a valid submission and would escalate to the Rebate Center. After waiting some time, I was connected to Carol at 18:12 US Central Time who stated that the Rebate Center only sends the rebates out and can't help correct the status. Carol informed me that only Customer Service can help and Michelle did not follow the correct procedure. Carol then transferred me back to the main queue which put me on hold for 71 minutes and finally the call was unsurprisingly dropped.

As you can see, Verizon uses rebates to lure new customers in deceit while carefully crafting a complex and dysfunctional path for redemption that ultimately leaves their customers at a financial loss.

@VerizonEscalationsTeam, please contact me directly to resolve this issue reasonably and promptly.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Rebate Deception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you feeling this way and always want you getting the correct Rebates.  Let's turn this around.  A private message is being sent now to assist you further.  -Sean

0 Likes
quindar7
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm writing to let the community know that this issue is still unresolved and VZW Customer Support (David) did not uphold a promise to continue working on this issue today. No contact was received, very disappointing.

January 6, 2021 at 9:22 AM
That's correct. I already have a follow-up reminder set on your account so that your account is accessible to me on tomorrow. Accordingly, I'll be reaching out to you directly via a private message once I've completed the submission request for dispute.

quindar7
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support a little help please, no contact from David and the current secure chat link has expired.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are terribly sorry about your recent experience. Our goal is to provide a world-class interaction. Please send us a Private Note to better assist you. ~Gilbert

0 Likes
quindar7
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm writing to let the community know that this issue is still unresolved and @vzw_customer_support is trying to inject undocumented requirements into the mix to disqualify my submission.

CONSUMER WARNING: Do not accept any rebates from Verizon as part of your decision to move to their services. They will do anything and everything to avoid honoring the rebates.

0 Likes
quindar7
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support @Please send me a new secure link to chat, the most recent one has expired.

This issue is still unresolved!

0 Likes
quindar7
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support Please send me a new secure link to chat, the most recent one has expired.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sending you a link via PM message now.  Thank you.-Sean

0 Likes
quindar7
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Sean (@vzw_customer_support), thank you for sending me the PM and then abandoning me during our conversation. I also want to call out David and Rachel who did the same thing. Lastly, I want to mention that Alexandria sent the following message which is clearly not helpful since the rebate is for a specific period of time and already submitted.

Thank you for your patience. I want to make sure that you redeem your rebate. The link to redeem the rebate is listed below. Once you are on that page , please enter the promo code SWITCH2VERIZON. Then enter the appropriate information and upload the copy of your last bill from the previous carrier. Please let me know if I can assist you. vzw.com/rebate

VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU ARE THE WORST THING PLANET EARTH HAS TO OFFER!

0 Likes