Re: Verizon Rebate Scam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, icehawk60! This is certianly not the way we want you to feel! Our intention is to help you in the best way possible and provide the world-class customer service you deserve. We are terribly sorry you had to speak to several people, our goal is to help you resolve the issue the first time you reach out to us. Can you tell us a little more? What promotion did you apply for and how did you submit for the rebate? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
tmurnan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have also experienced this same issue. Switched from T-Mobile to Verizon in December of last year. Was told by the representative that the rebate would come in the form of a preloaded card and would take 8-12 weeks to receive it. Not a single thing was mentioned about needing to fill something out online within 30 days after activation. Was also told that I wouldn’t pay activations fees which wasn’t the case. It appears, with the number of post around these rebates, that there needs to be much more training / conversations with your retail stores and authorized dealers on the process. I’m sure I will never see the $400 I was promised to switch. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the experience we want you to have, and we are always here to help out tmurnan. Could you tell us if you already submitted the information for the rebate? What was the $400.00 for, was it for switching or purchasing a device?

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
tmurnan
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, it will not let me submit the rebate. I have already tried several times. It tells me “Promo Code with the Order/Purchase date can’t be found.” I am sure this is because it is past the eligibility period. This rebate was for switching two lines from T-Mobile to Verizon. We also purchased two iPhone 11’s at the same time. Again I was told the rebates would arrive in the mail. Had I known I needed to complete something online I would have.

@alfredol_vzw  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's take a look into this for you, please send us a Private Note. GenevieveB_VZW

0 Likes
tmurnan
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I send a private note?

@genevieveb_vzw 

0 Likes
tmurnan
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Enigma27
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a similar issue, The sales rep informed me that by switching you will get $250 per phone, and the order email had details of the offer & code, link to submit the rebate. I went ahead and submitted the rebate as per instructions. My rebate was rejected stating it is "invalid" as it was "purchase was not from a participating location". The rebate center representation was asking the sales rep who advise me on the offer, how would I remember the name after a few months? If the Verizon sales rep's are providing the faulty information whom should I trust. I presume the calls are recorded for quality, they should listen and correct. The whole episode feels like bait and switch. I have spent multiple hours calling Verizon support for my trade-in and now for the rebate and both of the issues are still pending. 

0 Likes
Pcb24

They're scam artists. No different from used car salesmen. I have the same issue. All they do is bounce you around departments and just hope you give up eventually. All the employees and departments know about it. Think about how much money they make off people by doing this, they don't even have to do it to everyone. They know they can get away with it. They are the scum of the earth.

0 Likes