Verizon Refuses To Pay My Security Deposit
kalilahharry

I was supposed to receive my security deposit from Verizon in September, but it was put on hold because of a mistake Verizon made. I spoke to dozens of customer service reps, some telling me my money would reach me in 2-3 weeks, or that my money was on the way, and more, which turned out to all be lies.

It is now November and I have been told that my account will be reviewed by the treasury department on November 30, and IF it is approved, my money will be sent in 2-3 weeks. That means I may or may not see my security deposit for another month, because of Verizon’s mistake. There is absolutely no reason why my account should be reviewed in the first place. I paid every single bill on time for 12 months straight, my account is in good standing, and Verizon is aware of what the problem is. What else is there to review?

Verizon never fails to inform me when a bill is due and when I owe them money, but as soon as they owe me money, there’s a problem. I was also told that there is no way to reach or contact the treasury department. I should not have to wait another month to get my money and certainly should not wait three months total to receive money that I am owed. There should be someone who can contact the treasury department (besides submitting a request) so that I can get my money immediately. Hundreds of dollars are what we are dealing with. This is unacceptable.

I would love to continue being a valued customer of Verizon, but things like this make me question whether or not I should switch services because I want to be a part of a company who values me and tries everything in their power to resolve my issue, especially if it is the company's fault for this dilemma.

My question: Is there any way to contact the treasury department, or "offline team", or any other person higher up to get my issue resolved because customer service reps are no help at this point.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Refuses To Pay My Security Deposit
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Kalilahharry, I can image being continually told your security deposit is in review can be frustrating. I would be concerned as well. I want to go deeper into detail with you on this matter. I will be sending you direct message in order to protect the security of the account. Please check your community inbox.

VeronicaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The best you can do is call and ask for the finance department.

What exactly is Verizon's mistake?

0 Likes
kalilahharry

Double charged me on one of my phone bills, (which they paid back), but in turn, it caused a blip on my perfect record, stating that I missed a payment that month. I guess it was a glitch. I emailed the executives of Verizon and was able to come to a resolution regarding my security deposit.

0 Likes
NICGIL24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was supposed to get my refund back of $125 in 6 months and that’s what was confirmed for me  on 3 separate occasions and then I called today to ask when in March I would receive my $125 back this month And then all of a sudden Im not up for review until October and they kept telling me there wasn’t anything they could do to remedy the false statements that were given to me in three separate occasions. On top of that they can’t even guarantee me that my $125 will actually be refunded . So if they ever tell you to put down a deposit make sure you go and look for another phone service cause Verizon won’t give it back .

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

NICGIL24 wrote:

I was supposed to get my refund back of $125 in 6 months and that’s what was confirmed for me on 3 separate occasions and then I called today to ask when in March I would receive my $125 back this month And then all of a sudden Im not up for review until October and they kept telling me there wasn’t anything they could do to remedy the false statements that were given to me in three separate occasions. On top of that they can’t even guarantee me that my $125 will actually be refunded . So if they ever tell you to put down a deposit make sure you go and look for another phone service cause Verizon won’t give it back .

If you are asked to put a security deposit down in order to open an account it means that you aren't credit worthy of receiving an account without it. Verizon is taking a risk that you will actually pay your bill on time. This is all from the credit check that you must submit to for consideration. Apparently the credit department said 'This person isn't that bad but they're not that good either. We will ask for $125 instead of the $400 we COULD ask for.'.

Now, in order to receive your deposit back, you will have to pay your bill on time for 12 consecutive months. You could pay for 11 months and then be late on the 12th and you will have to pay for another 12 months on time in order to be eligible to get your deposit back.

Security Deposit Refund FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
NICGIL24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wasn’t looking for your input at all Verizon was wrong for telling me incorrect info on three seperate occasions , point blank period. I pay my bill on time I had already paid $500 so telling me you could have charged me $400 means nothing to me honestly cause I would have just went somewhere else . Verizon still wants me to pay them my monthly bill on time right so Verizon should extend the same courtesy by having thoroughly trained reps that know what they are talking about and don’t feed out misleading statement and not make receiving down payments back such a hassle. If you don’t have a solution to the problem there is no need for you to leave another reply .

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NIGGIL24, we certainly would not want you to think that we mislead you. I do apologize that you were not fully informed of how your Security Deposit would work. A security deposit may be required of high-risk customers before a new activation or upgrade. The deposit is held for a period of time after which the deposit is refunded with interest or held for another agreed upon term. In order to receive your Security Deposit back in full you must meet the following criteria: 1. 350 days of active service (the 350 days begins from the point of activation, not from the time the security deposit is applied to the account). 2. No suspensions due to non-payment. 12 consecutive months of timely, uninterrupted service. 3. No payments returned from bank. 4. Account balance current (no more than 30 days past due). 5. No related account delinquent or written off requiring payment.

The security deposit will be automatically refunded unless there is an exception. In the event of an exception, the account will be reviewed by Financial Services to determine the amount to be refunded: If a refund is due, a check will automatically be sent to the customer. If you want the security deposit to be applied to your account, you may call Customer Service to make the request. This can only happen if you make the request prior to Financial Service's review. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

NicoleT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You posted on a public forum. If you didn't want anyone else's opinion you shouldn't have come here.

Also, you CLEARLY didn't read what you were signing because IF you HAD you would have known what the security deposit terms were and would have had the opportunity to question it.

0 Likes
NICGIL24
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is where you CLEARLY need to just stop replying back I didn’t sign anything nor did they send me any information on the reason for my deposit or the terms and conditions of my deposit being that it was over the phone. That’s why I called back so many times to clarify. It was a problem on Verizon’s end not mine. They failed to provide me with the proper information and that is why it escalated to me coming on this forum. Do you work for Verizon to be coming on here and telling me what I did and didn’t do ?

NO  ! I came on here to let people know so they don’t end up in the same situation as me . You  reply on here trying to be Verizon’s advocate if you not gonna remedy my situation keep your opinions to yourself cause they hold no value with me .

0 Likes