Verizon Rep used my fathers death to Eliminate my two Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plans. How to Fight?
mc646307
Enthusiast - Level 1

My father passed away unexpectedly last month, my mother called Verizon to remove him and his line from our plan.  He only had a flip phone, no data. My mother and I each have the Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plans.  She is well aware of Verizon's interest in eliminating our plans and was EXTRA careful to make sure that "absolutely nothing would change regarding the unlimited data plans".  After my father's line was removed, within a couple of days I began getting notifications that I'm out of data. 

Initially, Verizon said they would fix this mistake.  Calls back and forth turned to sales pitches.  Now they have informed us that "even though it is poor customer service, they are making the business decision to keep the changes made and eliminate the plans."  I am handling the calls at this point because my mother is too upset, the rep (Dave) told me, internally they are refusing to fix this because, technically, making a change to account opened up the ability for them alter the plans.  Insult to injury, I was told they may not even cover all the overage charges for this billing cycle while we decide what we want to do.  (get a new plan or leave Verizon) 

This blatantly wrong on so many levels.  Especially under the circumstances of a death.

No embellishment here.  This is a despicable move by Verizon.  I have guarded these two plans closely for YEARS.  If anyone out there can offer some help or advice, I would greatly appreciate it.  I was not able to escalate the issue to anyone high enough to even have an extension.  Verizon is keeping this at a low level.     

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Rep used my fathers death to Eliminate my two Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plans. How to Fight?
Benitez147
Contributor - Level 1

@mc646307 wrote:

My father passed away unexpectedly last month, my mother called Verizon to remove him and his line from our plan.  He only had a flip phone, no data. My mother and I each have the Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plans.  She is well aware of Verizon's interest in eliminating our plans and was EXTRA careful to make sure that "absolutely nothing would change regarding the unlimited data plans".  After my father's line was removed, within a couple of days I began getting notifications that I'm out of data. 

Initially, Verizon said they would fix this mistake.  Calls back and forth turned to sales pitches.  Now they have informed us that "even though it is poor customer service, they are making the business decision to keep the changes made and eliminate the plans."  I am handling the calls at this point because my mother is too upset, the rep (Dave) told me, internally they are refusing to fix this because, technically, making a change to account opened up the ability for them alter the plans.  Insult to injury, I was told they may not even cover all the overage charges for this billing cycle while we decide what we want to do.  (get a new plan or leave Verizon) 

This blatantly wrong on so many levels.  Especially under the circumstances of a death.

No embellishment here.  This is a despicable move by Verizon.  I have guarded these two plans closely for YEARS.  If anyone out there can offer some help or advice, I would greatly appreciate it.  I was not able to escalate the issue to anyone high enough to even have an extension.  Verizon is keeping this at a low level.     

Condolences for your father. If the plan change occurred more than 14 days, then it is too late to file an inactive pricing request. That is the only department that is able to place back the grandfathered unlimited data plan back on an account. Which nationwide shared plan did you have?

I understand your sentiment about guarding this plan as I have the grandfathered unlimited data also and I safeguard this plan. Verizon is actively trying to remove these plans from people as they want to migrate them to more expensive plans. 

0 Likes