Verizon Reps are MIS-Leading.
Manny6ix
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having an issue with verizon, and how they conduct business. It goes from telesales, to customer care, to pre-pay dept. among other departments. This conglomerate of a company has decided to "NOT" honor an $100 credit that I was promised in June of this year. The date of my initial transaction was June 19, 2016. I have proof of a chat where the telesales representative confirms of the credit. Due to the arrogance of verizon "minions," I'm not being allowed to share this proof. Then, I was told by a customer care supervisor DeShaun, that they wouldn't honor the credit anyway. I was offered a credit for $20, and I didnt accept it. I wasn't promised a $20 credit, Kimberly in telesales promised me a $100 credit. So on principle, anything less is unsuitable as well as unacceptable. Unfortunately, it seems as though I wont have service with verizon any longer after late next week. Again, I wont settle for anything less than what I was confirmed to receive, and thats a credit for $100. It just goes to show how these great conglomerates operate. My respect for verizon is buried in the jungle under the ground that a pack of elephants reside. I know that verizon can afford $100. I know, I really couldn't afford to be mis-led like I was. I possibly would've never joined verizon, had I known, that I was being mis-led. Thankhs

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Reps are MIS-Leading.
Snn5
Legend

Why were you promised a $100 credit on a prepay line?  What sort of promotion was this?

0 Likes
Manny6ix
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was coming in under a "port-in promo" credit. I'm not an employee with verizon. You would do better asking the sales rep. Kimberly. She's whom I had my chat conversation in regards to starting my service with verizon. In the chat I asked for clarity, as well as I stated to her that I would save that chat interaction for future reference. I have it saved, and I've tried sending it to either reps and/or supervisors. To no avail, they all have stated, "they can't give me any email of theirs." Ok then, I'm trying to show you proof of what "I was told." And you refuse to view it. Its not good business practices. Just on basic principle, verizon is virtually allowing me to be mislead, by one of their sales reps. For two days I spent a great deal trying to get this looked into. One day a supervisor was going to look into the issue. Our call dropped, he did call back, stating he would call back. Yet, to not do so. Anyways, I only seek to receive what I was initially supposed to receive, and that's a credit to my account. Yes, on my "prepay" line.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Verizon doesn't usually have promotions for pre-pay service. So while you may have been promised something the rep may have thought you were looking for a post pay account and you were given that current promotion.

Please note that this is a customer to customer forum and you are not interacting with any Verizon Wireless employees.

Truth: you are unlikely to receive this credit that you are looking for if you are on a pre-pay account.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Exactly.

why would there be a promo on prepay? Prepay is what it is.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

There hardly ever is. Usually it is something like get an extra 1GB of data for enrolling in Auto-Pay. Never $100. That would be giving away 3 months worth of service and post pay customers like us would have to pay for it.

Manny6ix
Enthusiast - Level 2

The credit was to port-in my number when purchasing a certain smartphone. The credit was come off at the time of my transaction. After it didn't come off, thats when the rep., stated that a credit for that amount would be added to my account. Again, I'm not an employee of verizon, so I have no clue as why she offered it. I asked her to explain things for my clarity as well. And again, she stated that she checked with someone to make sure that the credit would be added to my account. I have the transcript saved. I stated, "so that would give me two months service and some change left over possibly." without having to pay a bill. She stated, "correct." What is a "post pay?"  Thats similar to a contract account. If I was informed differently, it would then given me a proper option and choice of accepting or denying the service. I possibly would've sought service somewhere else. I only went by what I was informed via a verizon sales rep.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are two types of accounts on Verizon Wireless. Prepaid or postpaid accounts. A postpaid account is sometimes a contract account, but not always. You get a monthly bill with a postpaid account. A prepaid account doesn't have a bill.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Manny6ix
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a prepaid account, and I receive a monthly bill.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you physically get a monthly bill, you are not prepaid.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.