Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Service in Pinecrest, CA
scottnkara1

Since Memorial Day 2022, my iPhone indicates full bars LTE service in Pinecrest, CA; however, regardless of what the phones says, the service is totally unavailable.  Every few days, around midnight it will come up for a bit.  Prior to this time, I was able to access the network, video call globally, etc etc no problem.  My return in Aug 2022 indicates the same behavior, no access, and I have talked with several other Verizon users in that area who have the same issues. One indicated Verizon said 'sometimes the weather impacts service'...this was a period of time where the weather was perfect.   I pay a monthly hot spot fee to have access for this specific  reason to work from there, and it is worthless.  I want to know what Verizon is doing about the service in this area.  AT&T just also put up a tower in the area, interested.  Anyone else experienced this? @noverizonservice @PoorVerizonService 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Service in Pinecrest, CA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You have my attention, Scottnkara1. We certainly don't want you to feel this way. We understand how valuable it is to have service. I am sure we will figure out what is going on. Now you indicated you left. Did you travel internationally recently? Is this indoors or outdoors? Does it get better if you leave the area? 

-Amber

0 Likes
scottnkara1

@vzw_customer_support 

Hey Amber.  So the backstory here is we travel to Pinecrest CA for vacation multiple times/year and have done so for many years.  I also work from up there remotely at different times.  In fact, we originally joined Verizon because it was the only service up there.  It has always worked quite well actually...until Memorial Day 2022.  When we travel there, I often also work there and need the hot spot on my phone to do so.  It was working excellent the entire week and then one night, service just dropped.  And not just for me, all of us that have Verizon are experiencing this up there.  We have returned multiple times this year and the service has effectively been unavailable even when our phones indicate full bar LTE.  Some nights the network would return for a couple of hours but for most of the time now, since Memorial Day 2022 the Service has been down. Because I work from up there at different times it is critical I have reliable service.  Please have technicians in the area or similar look into the service down time.  We have talked to many people up there casually, who also have Verizon, and all summer it has been the same situation with the network.  It has not been that way before, something has changed.  Appreciate the continued conversation and look forward to hearing more about steps Verizon is taking in this area.  Scott

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello scottnkara1! We're terribly sorry about the situation, and we'd love to help. Please reply to our private note to better assist you.  

~Aaron

0 Likes