Re: Verizon Share Everything Plans
young863

My current plan includes 700 min, unlimited ( going away) data on on smartphone and pay as you go on the other 2 phones.  Pay 123.00 with my company discount.  If this goes up $10.00 or more, I am dumping VW. I have been with some form  Verizon Wireless since it was Metro Mobile back in 1987!!  I am done with the lack of service, pricing, and overall crappy quality. Not sure whether it will be Sprint or ATT.  Sprint is looking strong once all the old Nextel Towers are converted to 4G they will have larger 4G network than Verizon.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

I agree that there should be other choices for the amount of minutes offered.  I suppose that this will simplify billing for VZW, in that they wouldn't need to track a daytime, nighttime or weekend classification for phone calls.

This could work well for families or maybe even individuals with multiple devices.  I don't see how it works well for one person with one smartphone.  Maybe VZW doesn't care about those people and think that they will just go to a prepaid service anyway.

0 Likes
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

I thought this was supposed to encourage families to move to smartphones. There is no way I will upgrade beyond where I am at with this joke of a plan. We currently have 3 smartphones and 2 feature phones. I was intending to move all of us to smartphones under the share plan, not now.

Jaezif

Just found out that my employer discount doesn't work under the new plan.  I won't break even over the existing fee structure until I add 4 smartphones to my plan (and I'll be paying $70 more than is in my budget!  C'mon Verizon - let's not be greedy.

0 Likes
WZS
Enthusiast - Level 2

There's no point in staying loyal to any specific carrier now, they've taken away all of the incentives to do so. My next contract goes to whichever one looks best, no more blindly renewing my contract every two years.

Jamison44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I only average 600MB on my data plan every month anyway, so maybe it's a better deal for people who are lower usage.

0 Likes
Emerik

This is absolutely horrible.  Their pricing is way over.  They need to rethink this, alot.  2GB for 2 smartphones?  Normal people will blow right past that in a week or two.  But thanks for the text alert to let us know we are going over so we can spend another 10 dollars for a measly GB more.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

where did you get this info that employer discounts wont work?

0 Likes
Keitarou
Contributor - Level 1

Really? no employer discount? another reason to dump Verizon. Keep giving us the good news Verizon!!! Prepaid here I come!!!

0 Likes
igovirginmobile
Contributor - Level 1

Why would Verizon re-think this? If they can squeeze a few more dollars out of your pocket they can pad the pockets of their VP's and CEO? I'm just saying...