Re: Verizon Share Everything Plans
scarr-dx

My discount is 18% and I think I only figured 4GB just due to I barely even get over or use 1GB and I have unlimited and on facebook or internet all the time but I am also in my house with wifi. So I figured since the kids are there even more than me that wouldn't need much.  Right now with only 11 days until my new billing cycle I have only used 0.370GB of Unlimited.  So hopefully with help someone can tell me if it would be worth doing this or not.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

looks like that'd be $277 like you mentioned for 4GB of shared data.  Definitely looks like it's more economical for your situation assuming everyone keeps an eye on their usage.  If you get close, you can always move up a tier that month and have them backdate it so you don't get charged overages.

0 Likes
scarr-dx

Thank you PJNC284 I was thinking it would be that and beneficial just because I can give the kids smartphones like they want and also add my 13 year old as well.  I added my mom to my plan which in turn took my last line so I couldn't add all of my kids.  I was told by Verizon the other day that I could add a line sort of to my existing account and it would be $29.99 for 200 minutes but I don't know if that includes any text or anything like that.  So I was thinking of going with the ShareEverything Plan to benefit everyone which is all kids get smartphones and just pay about $63 more to have 2 current lines changed to smartphones and also add another phone and have it also be a smartphone.

0 Likes
dgmock
Enthusiast - Level 3

This note is meant as a reply to lewisr13s comment on my earlier post:

I very well might come to the conclusion that VZW's overall plan is better than others.  But the point is, after being a long-time, loyal and very satisfied VZW customer, this whole fiasco is causing me to finally decide to check out the alternatives. Whether I eventually switch or not will depend on what I find.  From the tone of many of these other comments, I won't be the only one shopping around . . .

0 Likes
scarr-dx

I agree with you but I have searched around already because I got fed up with Verizon last year and considering I tried ATT and it worked up until 1/4 mile from my house.  So I had to take it back and luckily got a full refund since I didn't even have it 1 whole day.  Sprint's maps show 0 to roaming in my area.  The only other one is T-Mobile and I want to try prepaid on it but my brother had T-Mobile and he told me he didn't much if any signal when he came to my house.  Thus I am left with Verizon.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

scarr-dx wrote:

I agree with you but I have searched around already because I got fed up with Verizon last year and considering I tried ATT and it worked up until 1/4 mile from my house.  So I had to take it back and luckily got a full refund since I didn't even have it 1 whole day.  Sprint's maps show 0 to roaming in my area.  The only other one is T-Mobile and I want to try prepaid on it but my brother had T-Mobile and he told me he didn't much if any signal when he came to my house.  Thus I am left with Verizon.

Same here.  Parents live in a Sprint roaming area and the roommate has Sprint and can't even hold a call in the house so they're a no go.  Tmobile is useless unless you're in a major city or near a highway.  AT&T is already complaining about running out of spectrum.  Simple fact is that even with increased prices, Verizon is still the best options a lot of people have.

0 Likes
vznsharewallet
Enthusiast - Level 3

In Less Than 1 Year Verizon Data Goes from $30/Unlimited to $50/1GB

how is this fair??????  it is just pure greed.

https://www.facebook.com/VerizonShareYourWalletPlan

0 Likes
destructor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless spokeswoman Brenda Raney: "...existing customers are not forced onto the new plans even if they upgrade to a new phone..." Yeah right, my ***. In real talk, "not forced" means you pay $500+ for that new phone if you want to keep your existing plan with a new device. Or you can get it at a discounted price if you switch to one of the new plans or you can just not upgrade and stay on your existing plan. There is no option to upgrade to a new phone at a discounted price and keep your existing plan. To imply otherwise is simply a lie.

Edit:

The head of marketing at Verizon Wireless, Steve Mesnick said he's confident the plan will succeed, partly because Verizon interviewed 50,000 customers in advance to field their opinions. Really VZW? 50,000 customers is a legitimate sample size to base this change on? If your 100 million subscriber number is legit, then 50,000 customers is only 0.05% of the customer base. I hardly call that the 95% satisfied rate you keep claiming on various sites. And that's assuming all 50,000 were satisfied (there's probably at least 1 person who wasn't). What load of **** this whole thing is. You want to get a legitimate survey done, send it out to EVERY customer and offer incentive for them to complete the survey (i.e. $10 off their next bill or something). Then you might have a valid sample size and your data would not be as flawed.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

destructor wrote:

There is no option to upgrade to a new phone at a discounted price and keep your existing plan unlimited data.

That is unless you have another available upgrade on your plan to use.

0 Likes
destructor
Enthusiast - Level 3

What do you mean there?

0 Likes