Re: Verizon Share Everything Plans
Duogen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh so you wanted to open a new 2 year contract, that has a 30 day policy of hey if you dont like it you dont have to keep it, but to do that, you wanted to cancel their guaranteed money for at least another 11 months.

That's just not how it works in the world of contracts... At any service provider.

Good luck

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Tidbits wrote:

Then move on. Don't get there service if you don't like the price. Are you going to die from not having a cell phone? So what's the problem?

Also T-Mobile is still 30B in debt. People forget T-Mobile spent 59B to get into the market over 10 years ago and though they turned a profit per year basis they have not even come close to their 10 year plan and are still in the red. That 6B transplant they got from the fallout of the AT&T deal may help them a little but not enough where T-Mobile will be for sale again.

That debt should be on DT's balance sheet, not T-Mobile USA's.  The $4 billion that came from the failed AT&T acquisition went to DT.  While it seems that DT is going to reinvest that money into T-Mobile USA, the money is DT's to do with whatever they want.

My point is that if another entity bought T-Mobile USA, they would get a profitable business.  The purchasing entity wouldn't get that debt.  The purchase price would go to DT, which would probably use it to pay the debt from the T-Mobile USA purchase.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's the wrong way to think about it. DT spent the money not T-Mobile USA. DT is not getting their costs covered and they have a right in their investment. That's why it went up for sale.

What you are saying essentially. Assuming you purchased and founded a company you are never going to make back what you put in. Then what's the point of going into business or expanding your business when you will get nothing in return.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Nothing is honestly profitability unless you meet your initial investment + returns. DT has not done that since they started. The 39B offering they would have broke even. AT&T would need to make that 39B back somehow for the deal to become profitable. There is also a within reason time frame and DT was 10 years for them which they didn't make it.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

I'm not saying that the decision to purchase Voicestream was a good decision. I think that the purchase price was way too high for 6 million customers at the time. Likewise, AT&T's offer of $39 billion was too high, too. My point was where the debt was and the true financial position of T-Mobile USA.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

While I've enjoyed this reading thread, it has been a bit exhausting. It boils down to NOTHING more than economics 101......supply and demand. We demand what they supply. They only charge what we are willing to pay and no more, or we would all be gone. They provide the best supply as well. I view Verizon as a premium carrier and understand that I will pay a premium. If I want a cheap steak there are plenty and I'll go to outback for $20. If I want a premium steak I'll go drop $50 at Morton's. Cellular providers are no different than any other product or service. They will charge exactly as much as we will possibly pay. And trust me.....they already know how much we are willing to pay, before we even know it. I'd love cheaper plans......but they aren't in business for that purpose. Does anyone really think giant corporations get to where they are because they want to make a modest profit? No. They want to make their investors as much as they possibly can. I'm fine with that. I charge a rather absurd fee for what I do (the firm I work for rather). Many potential clients walk away when I quote them.......but the ones that come on board stay because we give them quality that very few other firms can match. However high our fees may be, they are not $1 more than what we believe clients will walk away from.

0 Likes
dgmock
Enthusiast - Level 3

Great anaolgy! Here you are . . . providing a great service to your client at a rate he deems reasonable.  He's a happy, loyal customer, you're making fair money, and all is well. Then, one day your firm decides to raise your billing rates by 30%. Not only that, but they also place strict limits on the amount of back office support they will provide in the future (until now, they've been providing unlimited support out of the firm's overhead).  So now your client can either dump you and try to find someone nearly as good (probably not possible right away) or else your client will just get extremely miffed and begrudgingly pay up.  But watch out -- the minute he finds someone even close to being as good as you, it's sayonara! A lot of us on this forum are in the "extremely miffed" phase. And unless VZW recognizes that soon, they will be wondering why they lost their long-time customer base.

AZSALUKI
Legend

http://solutions.vzwshop.com/shareeverything/?intcmp=VZW-VNT-SE-PLANRECMND

Click on the very last question about unlimited data. If I'm reading it correctly, it clearly states that you can still upgrade (after June 28) with the $30 for w gb individual data plan.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Sorry.....the above reply was to another thread. I'm lost in my browser!!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Who! you Ok there AZSALUK that's no fun