Re: Verizon Switch Program
JMolenhour
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is great! Maybe Verizon realize keeping a few customers happy, and quiet, is better than a massive media blast and sullied name.

0 Likes
hworkman
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's awesome! I'm sure there is no hope for me, since they said I'm out of my window, did everything I was told and still nothing. I may try to contact someone one more time.

JMolenhour
Enthusiast - Level 2

Keep trying everyone, there may be hope. I know Verizon Wireless would not like to hear of more issues with the company they chose for this process.  I know I will not stop until I get the proper refund.

0 Likes
Moattoad
Enthusiast - Level 1

The fact remains that Verizon and their third party trade in company do not want to honor their agreement.  This is why they do not provide anything in writing with your denial for the rebate.  I was told several lies by Janice at the Switch Program phone number and when I called her on her lies she switched me to Customer Service.  Her first answer to me was that our submission was invalid then noticed that our bill from our previous provider had the proper information.  She then told me that we didn't qualify due to our previous phone service was set up as a business.  I told her she was wrong and the terms and conditions don't state what she was saying.  Then she read from the terms and conditions picking and choosing which words to read taking them out of context on purpose.  She new it stated the you didn't qualify if you opened a business account with Verizon but she was reading it incorrectly on purpose.  It's obvious that Verizon is no better and okay with a "Bait and Switch"(pun intended) to their customers not caring about their reputation just like other corrupt companies that don't honor their rebates.  Don't give up and keep pushing them.  They're hoping that you get frustrated and stop trying.  That's how they win by not paying what they agreed to.

Jt4203
Enthusiast - Level 1

Been having the same issue. But the reason for my invalid claim is they are stating I didn't send in a receipt from Verizon for the new device which they have online and are unable to pull up in the switch Dept. Ok fine so I sent it in twice. Waited 15 days, then called in. Same story. it had been escalated yet 4.5 months later still nothing. I have resorted to sending an email to a senior VP letting her know of the downfalls of this program. It's definitely not the way to begin a relationship with a customer. I am strongly considering going back to ATT, which I had for years with no problems and tried to save a little money with sprint (which actually ended up being more).

JMolenhour
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Customer Support, would you care to contribute more on the matter on this public forum? I would like to see a bit more effort to resolve, or, at least answer to, these issues. This is a community discussion to which you belong and are integral.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jt4203,

We want to make sure you are able to get every promotion you are eligible for. Let’s make sure we have left no stone unturned. I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Blond37

UGh I too am having problem. Submittimg everything properly. Got email twice saying final bill could not be read. I'm sending the bill and other documents snail certified mail this time.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but the value of your trade in phone is a portion of the $650 right?

what can we do since so many people having same problem?

i see att has same offer too. Are they as inept and shady??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@blomd37, We want want it to be easy to get this promotion. Let's get to the bottom of this. Have you had a chance to resubmit your receipt? Have you reach out to our trade in team at 800-416-8894?

AdrienneP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Backlash365
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, your story is the same as mine.  I think they deliberately keep putting you off so you go past the 60 time period.  I've been waiting since 1/3/2016 for my Gift Cards .... Nothing! I'm filing a complaint with the BBB.  I think everyone on this thread should do the same.