Re: Verizon Trade In Program a scam? IT IS SURELY FOR ME!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to help you in any way we can. Are you able to provide us with the Trade-In Submission IDs for the credits you did not receive from us?

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
Jinhaxoxo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am very disappointed in the trade in process that Verizon wireless has conducted on my trade in. I feel as I have been cheated and scammed. There was no damage to the screen or the device as it asked and I was offered $550 based on what I answered. The problem with the phone is not relevant to what was asked, but a very very small crack that was supposedly on the back of the phone, above the camera lens. I was enticed by the promotional offer of $550, but received merely $101. I’d never had traded in the phone otherwise. I have been with loyal Verizon customer for many years, with multiple lines. I strongly disagree with how this was handled. How could a scratch that I fail to notice, deprecated the phone by $449. That is absurd.
I didn’t even have to do a trade in to get a promo since I was adding a line, not upgrading, but doing so diminished my credit. Therefore, I am paying the full price for the phone and only received $101 for the device that was in an excellent condition. Furthermore, no one has replied to my concerns.

Jinhaxoxo
Enthusiast - Level 2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to get in on a good deal, I completely understand where you're coming from. I'm sure I can clarify the details for you. Please allow me to explain that when completing a trade-in, any damage will reduce the value of the device, and it will not qualify for the promotion. Please click this link and scroll to #4 in the "Trade in credits" section: http://spr.ly/6607GfKdb I hope this information is helpful.  

0 Likes
nblauch
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is an absolute scam. I was given a $400 estimated trade-in on my iPhone 6s as a promotion for buying the Galaxy S20 FE, both online and by the service representative in store who knew the exact details of my transfer (switching from a different verizon account). We went through the quote assuming the $400 trade. After I traded in the phone, which was deemed to be in good working condition, I asked for a receipt (which they were not planning to give me), only to find out that the trade-in value was switched to $100. Of course, to get to this point in the process, I already had to sign the 2 year contract and so there was nothing I could do at this point. The store employees felt badly and tried everything to get the original promised trade in value but the Verizon higher-ups would not budge. I am livid and will never shop with Verizon again unless this is resolved. Verizon? What's the deal? 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don't want you to feel this way, nblauch. Sorry to hear about the confusion over a trade-in value. We want the best for you and we're happy to help figure this out together. We would need to collect some additional necessary details so please respond to the Private Note we have sent. 

-RSM

0 Likes
Jm8h
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am extremely upset--I had a nearly identical experience.   Except I switched from AT&T to Verizon, lured by the trade-in offer of $600 for my iPhone 7–which was in good condition and perfect working order-no cracks whatsoever. On November 6, Verizon's trade-in status on my account showed the "Expected device matches received device."  Six days later, Verizon email that says they’re only going to pay $28!  Shocked, I spent nearly an hour on the phone yesterday.  The rep claimed there was an issue with a dead spot on the screen, and then a “dent” (as I said, the phone worked perfectly and there were no dents when I sent it) and then offered me $300.  When I said that was not what I agreed to—it was $600, I was told that a supervisor would call back in a 1/2 hour.  I never heard back.  It sure feels like a scam.  I regret switching from AT&T--I should have never switched to Verizon.  Spread the word! 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for this experience with your trade-in, jm8h. Our goal is for you to take advantage of all the available promotions. We want an opportunity to look into this further and get some additional details on this situation. I sent a Private Note so we can continue working on this together. 

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
nblauch
Enthusiast - Level 2

by the way, Verizon contacted me but did not solve the problem. they are allowing their associates to provide misleading information to sell phones, and then nobody can solve it because the person at fault doesn't have the power and the people with power weren't at fault. total VZW scam and everyone should know about it before (ideally not) choosing Verizon. willing to change my tune if they fix it but have no hope at this point. out $300. thanks Verizon! 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nblauch, it's difficult to hear that you feel this way. Can you provide additional detail around your own experience?