Verizon Trade-in Issue. Verizon claim they received a different device than expected but I have proof.
shalom125
Enthusiast - Level 1

Traded-in a device for the credit they are offering.

Few weeks past, I receive an email saying the device received is different than device expected.

I knew something like this might happen and took a video shot of packing the phone in the box they had sent me.

What kind of process is this? Where can I reach out to correct this?

Phone sent in: Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G in Cloud White

Phone they claim they received: Samsung Galaxy S 5????

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Trade-in Issue.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

shalom125, we can help correct this trade-in promotion for you and ensure the correct trade-in value. We've sent you a private message to assist with this going forward. Thank you!

- Alan

0 Likes
shalom125
Enthusiast - Level 1

Issue was not resolved.

Can you provide a fine print with the statement Verizon employee not eligible for the offer?

0 Likes
shalom125
Enthusiast - Level 1

@vzw_customer_supportMy issue was not resolved. Please message me the link again or please let me know who I should talk to.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear that the issue was not resolved! Can you share more details with us. What exact statement are you referring to? ~David

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, shalom125. We are going to send you another Private Note with the authentication link. *Cassie

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Trade-in Issue. Verizon claim they received a different device than expected but I have proof.
ChrisWu
Enthusiast - Level 2

i'm having the same issue, I sent my Samsung note 10 plus to them and that said device was different than expected. How could that be? The IEMI matches!

Re: Verizon Trade-in Issue. Verizon claim they received a different device than expected but I have proof.
Scoop480
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same issue. Even the IMEI2 number they say they received matches the phone I sent, as well as the number, when searched, shows the phone I sent, not the cheap phone they say they received. After multiple calls and hours on the phone, I still do not have a resolution. I was supposed to get $1000 for my phone and I'm only getting $400. We sent 2 of the same phones and the one with the broken screen was processed fine ( I will add the promotion covered broken screens at the time of trade in). I'm starting to regret my choice in changing carriers.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Scoop480, we definitely understand the importance of getting the credit you are entitled to for your trades. We are happy to take a look at your account for details. Please respond to the Private Note sent. 

*Joshua

0 Likes
buellfire
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Scoop480 this is the EXACT issue I had! They said they received a phone that I've never even owned. I spent an hour on the phone with someone who said the issue was resolved but they still have not updated my account (this was a couple of weeks ago). 

I have been a customer of Verizon for 20+ years and have done multiple phone trade-ins and never had an issue. The only reason why I turned in my old phone was because of the $799 trade-in deal! 

I just traded in my mom's phone and took video of me putting it into and sealing the box as proof. Frustrated at how this is being handled (or NOT being handled, as the case is here). 

0 Likes