Verizon / UPS Lose Another Trade-In
svtkobra7

There are so many messages on this topic, I wonder how many trade-ins Verizon / UPS successfully process.  I get the kit in the mail to send in my old Pixel 2 and send it out the same day.  Next thing I know I'm getting reminders to send my trade-in to Verizon.  wait wat ? I did that already.

A quick google search shows this issue is nearly pandemic.  Customer support is cited as a waste of time or fails to provide any relief.  And we cannot even file a UPS claim.

The trade-in must be mailed by 11/13 and I'd rather not waste our most valuable commodity - time - so is my best play just to take the $50 hit on the return of the new phone and port my number to another carrier?

Also, it seems the chat support is limited to stating more information is needed, but the bots can't define what info they want.

good-chat

0 Likes
Re: Verizon / UPS Lose Another Trade-In
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, our goal is to provide you the best experience. Please allow us the opportunity to provide you with the help you deserve with any question on the trade in. To get started please send us a Direct Message.

>Bris

0 Likes
jennk1
Contributor - Level 1

@svtkobra7 

I played that game with Verizon for months - finally submitted a complaint to the FCC and within a couple days I had someone from the Verizon executive office calling to sort it out for me.   It was such a breath of fresh air to speak to someone who actually listened, comprehended what I was explaining and then FIXED the issue.   It was painless once I escalated via the FCC to someone who actually had the intellectual capacity and knowledge of their system to solve my issue.   Don't waste any more time with the online chats, phone trees and getting transferred from person to person, waiting on empty promises, etc.   

Here is the link to the FCC complaint center.  It is super easy to submit a complaint:

FCC Complaints

Good luck.

0 Likes
coachmark7121
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can anyone point me to the Verizon arbitration contact information or legal department to resolve another lost iPhone by UPS via Verizon package and shipping label?    Strange how Verizon bills for lost iPhones when they issue the shipping package and label for customers and then fail to track the UPS return in their system.    I guess it's easier for Verizon to bill customers rather than spending time to file a claim with UPS for lost merchandise a third party is responsible for and likely billed for their service as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Coach, we can help track and file tickets for lost devices. We do know that can happen, we just need to see where the device ended. We also know the shipping companies do not help much. Please send us a direct message. 

- Jose

0 Likes