Verizon Upgrades/Deals
JTS32
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why does Verizon have Hardly any deals anymore for existing customers? Used to be once your phone was paid off you would get a nice discount on a new phone. Now you have to be a new customer or “upgrade” to unlimited data which would boost our bill 100 a month. You can get a “100” dollar trade in credit, but that’s a joke. My phone is worth more if I sell it online. AT&T just gave 700 to their customers if they traded in their IPhone and bought a new one. I know a few people who have done this who are currently with AT&T. Maybe Verizon should take note or maybe people should jump ship. Give up looking for deals anymore. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Upgrades/Deals
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello JTS32,

Getting a new phone is always exciting. The promotions we offer have specific requirements in order to take advantage of them. The promotions that require adding a new line (this can be on an existing account) tend to have better offers as it requires more to take advantage of it. Other promotions require being on a specific plan to take advantage. What make and model phone were you looking to purchase? What plan are you on now?

-Christopher

0 Likes
JTS32
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, specific requirements to put more money on Verizon pocket. We have have been with Verizon for 15 more years. If we needed to add a new line then we would, that isn’t needed. Yes, you all want everyone on unlimited to make more money. We have a 6GB plan and bill is about 130 a month with a work discount for 3 lines. Newer IPhone, battery isn’t lasting and becoming out of date. 

0 Likes
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

You could always switch to AT&T. Unless Verizon suddenly has a high enough churn, there's no incentive. People are too conditioned to stick with one company expecting special treatment. In reality, there isn't a reason to stick with a carrier if you can't get anything out of it.

Denverclimber
Contributor - Level 1

The deals Verizon has offered the last few years are designed to take more money out of your pocket... period!  Upgrading to an expensive unlimited plan when you might not need the data.  Or... bringing in another line, having to choose an unlimited plan that is also expensive, receiving a discounted phone in exchange for 24 or 30 months of bill credits. No matter which you choose, Verizon costs you more!  The old days of getting discounts on phones without upgrading or bringing in another line is just about... KAPUT! 

0 Likes
balljohnj

If you have to ask, then you don't understand Capitalism!  They are in it to make money, not to give away a deeply discounted phone every two years.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to see you enjoy a working phone at the right cost! Please send a Private Note and we can review your account options in more detail. -Yale

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Denverclimber,

We do apologize that you are not happy with the current promotions and offers trhat are available. I want you to know that we appretiateyou as part of our Verizon Wireless family. We are constantly looking at new ways to offer promotions and new plans. 

I will take your feedback and advise our Marketing Team of your concerns. We do appreciate your feedback. 

Pleases always feel free to provide feedback to us. 

-Roni

0 Likes
JTS32
Enthusiast - Level 2

No reply in my private message after a week.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please send us another Private Message. If you prefer another option, you can contact us through any method listed on our contact us page.  *Rebecca

0 Likes