Verizon Will Not Fix Bill
michaelheath123

I have been going back and forth with customer service now for months trying to address multiple issues on my account and no one has been able to help me.  Now have spent a total of 10 hours now across numerous online chats and phone calls - each time at the end they assure me the problem has been fixed. 

First a line on my account didn't get credit for a trade in even though verizon has confirmed they received and assessed the device and it shows on my account that trade in value of $400.00 was assessed back in August.  It appears they gave the credit to the wrong line on my account and will not fix it.

Next they said I didn't return a device and they just billed my account $999.00 for this.  I called a month ago when they said the charge was applied and provided the tracking info and they confirmed they received the device and that the charge would fall off the account.  Well the bill came and the charge didn't come off the account.  This led to another hour phone call which they assured me the account had been fixed and it would take 7 days.  Well it has been 9 days since then and still nothing.  My account will auto pay this erroneous charge in a few days when the bill is due.  I need resolution now! 

I am going to the BBB and filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commision if this isn't resolved by Friday.

Someone help as all verizon employees I have encountered cannot seem to get this done.........No idea where to go from here.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Will Not Fix Bill
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so sad to hear of your recent experience, michaelheath123. We always want everything to be correct on our customers' bills and accounts. We are sending you a Private Message, we want to help you in any way we can.

-Steven

0 Likes
michaelheath123

After dealing with customer service for multiple hours yesterday we still have no resolve.  A complaint has been filed with the BBB.  

Verizon is claiming the IMEI of the device that was returned doesn't match what they were expecting.  They also claim the IMEI isn't even in the correct Verizon format so they can't even verify what make model the device they received is. 

Verizon is insinuating that either I didn't return the phone I said I did or that I somehow manipulated the IMEI which is next to impossible from what I gathered from Googling about it since I don't know the first thing about IMEI or what it even means.

Verizon is at fault here and they are 100% refusing to reconcile the situation and basically said tough luck there is nothing further they can do.

I offered to sign an affidavit swearing to my claims that the proper phone was returned because it was - If verizon didn't give me a phone that died in less than a week in the first place I wouldn't of even needed to send it back to begin with. But no they would rather claim that a customer is sending back the wrong phone like i have a whole pile of them to send back! I sent back the phone they shipped me - end of story.

If you look through these message boards there are too many reports to count of people having to fight endlessly with verizon to try to get them to fix issues like mine of them either saying the correct phone wasn't returned or that the box showed up empty for them just to later fix the issue down the line once they have determined that they messed up.

The next person they will be in contact with is my lawyer because I sure don't plan to pay a bill of $1,000 for them not being able to figure out what they messed up and unwilling to investigate to the level needed to fix the issue - because there is 0 possibility that the phone they have is anything but the one I said I was returning.

Fix this issue now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important this is to you, and I assure you that we are truly in the best disposition to help. Making sure we fully resolve your device and billing concerns is a must, and I want to ensure we provide you with all the information you need. We'll be sending a private note to better assist. ~Izzy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, Michael. We do see that you have contacted our Executive Relations Team and that they're currently reviewing and working your case. We can definitely forward your information their way, this way we can be sure that they reach out to you as early as possible. Please tell us, what is your best contact number? ~Izzy

0 Likes