Re: Verizon Wireless Home Phone T2000 - intermittenly stops receiving calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my device to work when I need it most and definitely want to ensure your device is working at all times, Jcnp. Let's continue to dig into this. Please tell us more about what you're experiencing. When did this start? Has there been any damage to the device?

Danielle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
alanmbo

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Goes directly to Voicemail with message "Voicemail box not set up."

0 Likes
Bigdave2401

This thing is totally unreliable.  I wish i never bought it. It randomly disconnects and the only way to restore it is to physically turn it off and back on. So messages/calls  are missed because unless you happen to try to use it, you don't know it has stopped working. I guess its time to throw it in the trash

0 Likes
PhilMo2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am having problems with this unit. They gave me this unit, saying it was an upgrade to the old (maybe 8 years) "Home Phone Connect" I had. This unit:

1) Intermittently powers off and reboots.

2) Does not transfer the incomming (waiting) CallerID to my headset. However the missed call number will be on the bok. 

3) Sometimes it goes directly to voicemail. 

The OLD "Home Phone Connect" was waaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry you are having so many issues with your Home Phone Connect and I want to make sure that this gets fixed for you. Have you contacted our tech support team about this? How long have you been experiencing "rebooting" issues? How many times have you noticed this has happened?

NicholeK_VZW

0 Likes
debpowell

My 91 year old mother's home burned.  She had the old home phone connect device for several years without one problem.  This devlce turns off.  Verizon support said it was the wireless phone but I changed the wireless to a simple corded phone with zero bells or whistles.  Still disconnects.  The only way to fix it is to power it off and back on.  If my mother was not 91, this would be just a NUISANCE but the phone is her lifeline to help.  I may have to go back to a wired in home phone so that she has a dependable phone.  Verizon will not change us back to the old style device!  Very frustrating!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that your home phone connect device is not working as expected, debpowell. My parents have a Verizon Wireless Home Phone T2000 (works great) device in their home, and I sincerely understand your dilemma as your mother needs a reliable device to stay in touch with the world. You mention that this device turns off, how often does this happen?
Do you notice any pattern that causes the device to turn off?
Is there any physical damage to the device?

You indicate that the issue is resolved by powering the device off an on and that Verizon will not change you back to the old style device. Is the device in question a new device?
What is the device model?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
asmelker

I too have been experiencing the same issue since we bought it.  Is there anything that can be done or a new version out there.  We don't know it's not working until we try to use it. 

0 Likes