Verizon Wireless the most Disconnected Network in America
viara

Yes, I fell victim to the Verizon Wireless commercials of the largest and most connected network in America, after switching to it I have to say that it is the most dishonest advertising especially for the District of Columbia Metro Area.

I switched from ATT to Verizon because I was getting bad reception on the lower split level of my house.

I purchased service and support at a Verizon store in Bethesda Maryland but since they do not have any iphones it was supposed to be shipped. I received automatic confirmation of my order in 3days. 10 days later I still didn’t get any phone or tracking number. I called Verizon Wireless and they assured me that such order does not exists. I called the store I purchased it at and they told me they can’t find my order. Both people on the phone and in store claimed no responsibility. If you purchase in the store people on the phone can not help you, and if phone was mailed to you, the store does not take responsibility, in effect VerizonWireless.com and Verizon Wireless stores are NOT connected to each other. After about 2 weeks it turns out that I received a wrong order number and a supervisor for Northwest US helped me figure it out but still no phone. Phone arrived about a month after purchase. I was unhappy with the service and the phone and wanted to replace phone and see if that improves. I got even less coverage than ATT, certain places in DC area were completely unknown to the Verizon Network, which made me very upset.

I went to a store across the street and they told me they can not return the phone because they are not “Corporate”, that’s the first time I ever heard this. So some stores are wholly unrelated with others. They advised me to go to a “Corporate” store. I called the store I purchased the phone from but apparently since the phone was mailed to me they not help and were extremely rude. I called verizonwireless.com and after much hurdle I had to pay for another phone. You cannot just go and exchange it, you have to pay twice. I was unhappy but agreed to pay another $500. I was assured that instructions and return label for the old phone will be enclosed…..no such thing happened. I went on-line and used return label print from verizonwireless.com, after completing all the prompts nothing happened, I refreshed the page and under the phone there is a tracking number assigned but I never received a label. I called verizonwireless.com and they said that there is absolutely NO way to re-print said label. All they can do is send you a label, which will arrive in 5 to 10 days.

My recommendation to Verizon Wireless is:

1. Do not advertise untruthful things about your service and/or improve and enlarge your network in the DC metro area.
  2. Improve and connect Verizon Stores with Verizon Wireless so they all have the same information available.
  3. Check why people receive incorrect automatically generated messages or their orders
  4. Improve hiring process, the people working at your Corporate Bethesda Maryland store are incompetent, unhelpful and rude. Once you have completed a purchase and money have exchanged hands you are persona non grata.
  5. Make an easy exchange for customers, it is very inconvenient to pay $1000 and wait for a refund, which may or may not arrive.
  6. Make easy returns and have an option to retrieve labels that did not load properly. Every other on-line store I have dealt with has that option available. Or have the representatives on the phone be able to void labels and issue new ones via e-mail. The customer representative asked me for my PASSWORD to go into my account and see why the label is not printing. I can relinquish personal information, I am surprised they actually asked me that.
  7. Check data usage, 10 days in the Verizon app showed that I have used 75% of my 1gb data, which is impossible, I have checked e-mail and opened a few apps and 3 google search pages outside of wifi coverage. I had the same plan with ATT plus I was streaming movies then and never went close to using so much data in such a short period of time.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Wireless the most Disconnected Network in America
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like, if you are within the return period (shouldnt have charged you service until phone activated) you might want to go with a carrier that has wifi calling since you have cellular reception issues in your home.

0 Likes